Most worthless invention

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, the St. Louis Gateway Arch may have been constructed mainly as a tourist attraction, and in many ways it's silly, but nevertheless I really like it a lot.

If you reject the Arch, then you must also reject the Eiffel Tower, and I like that too. Useless but pretty pieces of architecture that actually add something to their home cities' skyline should be applauded. There are so very, very many edifices that add nothing or actively detract. (I like Seattle's Space Needle too.)

If you reject the Arch, then you must also reject the Eiffel Tower, and I like that too. Useless but pretty pieces of architecture that actually add something to their home cities' skyline should be applauded. There are so very, very many edifices that add nothing or actively detract. (I like Seattle's Space Needle too.)

The Eiffel Tower isn't useless architecture. It is used as a radio/television broadcasting attennae, covering metropolitan Paris (the same is true of the CN Tower in Toronto and presumably Seattle's Space Needle).

The Eiffel Tower isn't useless architecture. It is used as a radio/television broadcasting attennae, covering metropolitan Paris (the same is true of the CN Tower in Toronto and presumably Seattle's Space Needle).

All that and they look nice, too!

• 1 year later...

Hey, I'm a former "chubberoo" having lost 45 pounds in the last few months - just feelin' my oats. ...

OK, realizing that the above post is over 6 years old, still that's a hell of an accomplishment. How did you do it?! ... (I know, I know -- stop eating).

Please read the gardening thread and see what's coming out of Chuck & Anne's garden.

MG

• 1 month later...