MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bradley Thomas Lidge.

Enters the 9th tonight w/ a 2 run lead against the Nationals.

Single, fielder's choice out at first, walk, hit batter.

So that's bases loaded, 1 out, bottom of the 9th, 2 run lead and......

Cholly pulls Lidge for Madson.

Game over.

Hopefully that's it for Lidge. Unfortunately, knowing Cholly he'll bring him back tomorrow.

I'm not motivated to post a link but MLB.com has an article about "Cholly" actively thinking about replacing Lidge with Myers, so you really ought to stop worrying.

3- 2 Yanks. 2 HRs by Swisher - the second a walk-off.

Over the little league fence, the very definition of a "Yankee Stadium III" homer that doesn't go out anywhere else.

I'm not motivated to post a link but MLB.com has an article about "Cholly" actively thinking about replacing Lidge with Myers, so you really ought to stop worrying.

Over the little league fence, the very definition of a "Yankee Stadium III" homer that doesn't go out anywhere else.

BFD! Swisher's hit 26 HRs on the year now...only 5 of them at Yankee Stadium. Plus, last time I checked, it's the same "Little League fence" for visiting batters as well.

BFD! Swisher's hit 26 HRs on the year now...only 5 of them at Yankee Stadium. Plus, last time I checked, it's the same "Little League fence" for visiting batters as well.

Yeah, yeah. And I'll laugh when the visitors hit a few out in the same way - barely clearing a shorter fence that is 5-10 feet closer to the plate. Its a joke, just as people laughed at Coors Field.

This year's Yankee team reminds me of the 1996-2001 editions more and more... watching the game tonight, just the weird certainty when Posada stepped in to pinch-hit in the bottom of the 8th that he was going to come up with a dramatic hit--and he did! Was hoping Jeter would break Gehrig's record later that inning, which would've made the night even more magical, but no doubt now that he'll break it at home, which will be quite an event. Grateful that Tampa Bay's bullpen once again couldn't get the job done (hampered, albeit, by Richard's throwing error, which helped set up Posada's eventual three-run homer).

Go Phils!!

Go Giants, you guys are running away with it, help a brother out.

Sigh, the Rockies have the easier schedule here on out. If the Giants split the Phil-Mil road trip I will be happy.

And the Rocks are reeling.

They have lost 6 of their last 10 games.

They have the hitting, but not the pitching.

and since this post the Rockies have won 9/10. Thanks, thanks a lot.

Not that the season is over but the fat lady is walking up to the mic.

Considering the Giants and everybody else in the NL West except the Padres is way better than I thought they would be its hard to get too upset.

Go Phils!!

Go Giants, you guys are running away with it, help a brother out.

Sigh, the Rockies have the easier schedule here on out. If the Giants split the Phil-Mil road trip I will be happy.

And the Rocks are reeling.

They have lost 6 of their last 10 games.

They have the hitting, but not the pitching.

and since this post the Rockies have won 9/10. Thanks, thanks a lot.

Not that the season is over but the fat lady is walking up to the mic.

Considering the Giants and everybody else in the NL West except the Padres is way better than I thought they would be its hard to get too upset.

Yeah, but to get thumped like that by the [hated] Dodgers tonight?

What's going on with these guys, anyway?

Yeah, but to get thumped like that by the [hated] Dodgers tonight?

What's going on with these guys, anyway?

The defense and the way they don't make productive outs doesn't help the fact the line up isn't good at all. The great news is the pitching has been even better than expected and going into next year they addressed the needs of the fifth starter (if Penny comes back thats Six) and a 2nd baseman.

Its mid September and the Bay Area is still taking Giants so thats a good thing.

Edited by WorldB3

Up 5 1/2 games with 22 to play? Who do you think they are, the Mets?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well granted it won't be as bad as choking on a 7 1/2 game lead w/ 17 to play like the Mets did in 2007 but it will still suck.

I enjoyed tonight's game tonight. Doesn't mean much overall. I'd like to see the Phils get a little of their own medicine.

An astounding claim out of Toronto - the Jays refused a six-pitcher-offer for Halladay in July:

Clay Buchholz, Justin Masterson, Daniel Bard, Michael Bowden, Felix Doubront, and Nick Hagadone.

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/columnist...853286-sun.html

:blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

Personally I think its completely bogus - Theo would not empty the system for one year of Doc Halladay, and I would lead the parade of pitchforks to Fenway if he had, but if this is true, the Toronto GM is even more stupid than previously believed.

Already saw it, thanks. :P

The Globe is reporting that Theo is denying the report out of Toronto, hardly surprising. I also find it telling that the guy's source is a Toronto scout. I don't think scouts are always privy to the exact offers, and the much more likely scenario is that the scout was told that these six are on the table - not being told that they can choose three, or whatever. Far more likely that he was asked to give his opinion on the best of those six, and not told that all six are being offered for Halladay - or maybe he assumed. But there's just no way Theo strips all of the pitching from the system. He might offer four of those guys for a Lincecum or Grienke, someone controlled for a period of time. No way he does that for a guy who is a year from free agency.

Well, here's another one to warm your heart!

A.J.'s troubles

Frankly, Dan, as well as the Yanks have been playing, the starting rotation does have me concerned once you get past CC and Pettite. In addition to Burnett's generally woeful performances of late, Chamberlain seems to be a real question mark as well (though he pitched well the other night after a rocky start). I mean, sure, that's OK if you're scoring 8-10 runs every time out...but that obviously won't be the case against top-tier teams in the playoffs.