MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure, he's given up 5 hits and 4 walks--and we still haven't scored! Loaded the bases with no outs in the bottom of the 5th and still couldn't plate a run! With A-Rod, Matsui, and Swisher batting... I feel a Dan-Gould-style expletive-laden post coming on. :g

Edited by ghost of miles

With Byrd pitching, they certainly will. Presuming that the Rangers help the Red Sox out the rest of the way, it is my devout wish that the Angels crush them, so that they can give the MFY a run for their money. The Yankees couldn't give a shit against Boston, they are on such a streak they know there is no way they'll lose. The Angels have eliminated the Yankees before and God willing, will do it again.

At the start of the year would any one have said that, at this point in the season, Seattle would have a better record than Tampa Bay? No one thought that. Tampa Bay has to be the most disappointing team in baseball this year, I really thought that they would win the East. Guess that's why the play the games on the field. However, great surprise season my the Mariners.

Two things about September baseball:

1. Thank goodness there is an alternative to football -- I've said this before, but football stinks, hurry up basketball!

2. The announcers for the teams out of the race talk about everything under the sun, eg., today the Mariner announcers are talking about Westlemania and the nickname for the University of Toronto team (The Varsity Blues).

PS: Now they're onto sideburns...

PSS: 3. Quick four inning 0-0 scores after 40 minutes.

Edited by Matthew

The evil empire is indeed evil, but just keep complaining man. At least your team is right there in the mix in late September. Frustrations along the course of the season (all teams have them), but at least there are no fire sales, no white flags for 2009 (or 2010) in Beantown. Given that it was Byrd vs. Pettitte, game was a lot closer that one would expect.

Did VMart just get the day off for some other reason or does he not catch Byrd? In Cleveland, Shoppach caught Byrd instead of VMart. Wonder if there are some longterm issues there. Will the Varitek era be over in the next few weeks?

For the Tribe, they end an 11 game losing streak (try that on for size) by getting to play the Orioles, whose losing streak now stands at 10. Dreams that David Huff, Asdrubal Cabrera, and other young guys will play well next year. Smiles everybody!! NBA season can't get to Cleveland soon enough [even with the 24/7 "where will LeBron be next year?" nonsense spewing from NY/NJ and elsewhere].

Francona felt Vmart needed the day off, and he didn't complain, which he has done before when Francona has tried to give him a day off, so Tito was pretty certain that Victor was happy to get the day off. They've used V-Mart with every significant pitcher on the roster so I don't think they are keeping Byrd from him.

I wouldn't be 100% certain that the Varitek era will end soon, since he does have the 3 million dollar player option for next year. But its obvious they have no intention of exercising the 5 million dollar club option and fully intend to use Martinez as the #1 catcher. Would they allow Varitek to take the backup spot if he insists on coming back, or would they release him this winter or in the spring? No one knows but I am ready to see him go, that's for sure.

At least the Angels are trying to clinch so I presume they will help us out. Its a very minimal consolation that Francona is playing for the wild card, this embarrassing weekend came without a single game in which they fielded the lineup that will play in October. Maybe, just maybe, they generate a respectable offense with the lineup that has Drew hitting 8th.

Hey, hope springs eternal - I just found out the Rays came back and beat the Rangers. We could clinch as early as tomorrow - except it will be a pretty late celebration if they manage to beat the Jays and then have to wait til a 10 PM start for the Angels hosting the Rangers.

Better to lose tomorrow, have the Rangers lose, then they can win on Tuesday and have a spontaneous celebration.

The only one of the season, I'm sure, but it will be a welcome sight.

Hey, hope springs eternal - I just found out the Rays came back and beat the Rangers. We could clinch as early as tomorrow - except it will be a pretty late celebration if they manage to beat the Jays and then have to wait til a 10 PM start for the Angels hosting the Rangers.

Better to lose tomorrow, have the Rangers lose, then they can win on Tuesday and have a spontaneous celebration.

The only one of the season, I'm sure, but it will be a welcome sight.

Watching those motherfucking assholes celebrate will be nauseating and fucking infuriating.

Up over and out.