MLB 2009 Season

Start the playoffs today says I whilst my boys are hotter than the hubs of Hell and while the Sux, well, suck. Two for the Yanks in the bottom of the ninth tonight to win by one over the Royals. Another solid start from A.J. Burnett. They're now 10 1/2 games up. The lead has mushroomed in just the last week.

Up over and out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two for the Yanks in the bottom of the ninth tonight to win by one over the Royals. Another solid start from A.J. Burnett.

That was nice, yet another walk-off win, and yes, good to see A.J. pitching well. Winning streak up to 7 now? Just hope NY doesn't peak too early...but right now they seem to be doing a good job of resting people while still playing them enough to keep them sharp...and, in the bargain, continuing to win.

The Dodgers just look pathetic the last three games. Game-blowing errors and no offense to speak of, backing into the playoffs in an ugly way. Win a fucking game and clinch already. Not that it matters, play like this and they'll get swept for certain.

The Dodgers just look pathetic the last three games. Game-blowing errors and no offense to speak of, backing into the playoffs in an ugly way. Win a fucking game and clinch already. Not that it matters, play like this and they'll get swept for certain.

I'm assuming this means you think you'll get the Cardinals in the first round? Because the Phillies will not be sweeping anyone this post season. We'll be lucky to get past the Rockies with this bullpen.

Speaking of the Rockies cheaters .....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4518520

Edited by J.H. Deeley

I don't think that makes them cheaters, J.H., when does an outfielder jump up and say "hey ump, I trapped that one, it was a hit!" Full sequence of photos here, here is the most damning one:

50556f5b27f477c9ca24f7cfe8e24f7f8a6.jpg

Sure looks like the ball is on the ground there. Would be a pity if the Rockies make it by one game.

Edited by Dan Gould

I don't think that makes them cheaters, J.H., when does an outfielder jump up and say "hey ump, I trapped that one, it was a hit!" Full sequence of photos here, here is the most damning one:

Sure looks like the ball is on the ground there. Would be a pity if the Rockies make it by one game.

Wow. That's a great blog you found there.

Oh and I don't blame the Rockies really. I probably would have done the same thing if I were in their position.

Eric Wedge and staff to be canned at 1:30pm today, though they will still manage/coach the rest of the season. Wedge was the Cleveland manager for 7 seasons (5th longest tenure among current mgrs behind Cox, LaRussa, Scioscia, and Gardenhire). In seven seasons, Tribe won the Division once and finished second just once.

Guys,

Nothing worse then hearing you bitch about your team "backing into the playoffs".

Your going to the playoffs. Enjoy it, this week is like exhibition baseball for you. Your real season starts next Wednesday.

The only people stressed out here should be Tigers or Twins fans. Thats it.

Edited by WorldB3

Eric Wedge and staff to be canned at 1:30pm today, though they will still manage/coach the rest of the season. Wedge was the Cleveland manager for 7 seasons (5th longest tenure among current mgrs behind Cox, LaRussa, Scioscia, and Gardenhire). In seven seasons, Tribe won the Division once and finished second just once.

A lot of people have considered Sox pitching coach John Ferrell as a strong candidate for a managerial slot; his Cleveland connections are sure to mean there will be a lot of speculation about him and the Indians' job. Fortunately he's felt a lot of loyalty to Boston and has refused to be considered in the past and his current contract, which makes him one of the highest paid pitching coaches in the league (no one is sure if Duncan makes more or not), says he cannot become a manager before 2011. But that really only sets up a compensation scenario if Ferrell decides to go manage the team he used to work for and where he lives in the offseason.

Hey Patrick, how would you feel if the Indians gave back Masterson to get Ferrell? You could print up t-shirts that say "We Gave Up Victor Martinez and All We Got is This Stinkin' Manager".

:g

Edited by Dan Gould

Farrell was mentioned in a chat with the Plain Dealer beat writer (Paul Hoynes), but it was quickly noted that he wouldn't be available next season. No chat about throwing talent at Boston to get him. Given the dearth of starting pitching talent, after the trades of Sabathia and Lee, and the injuries to Westbrook and Carmona, Masterson is staying. Not yet convinced he is a front end starter, but hey, Tribe has plenty of time... Next Indians manager will be a bench coach who hasn't managed at Major League level before. Probably someone I haven't heard of before. GM Mark Shapiro appears to be safe.

After a rainout last night, they will play an old-fashioned doubleheader today. Don't think that would have ever happened during the golden era.

Presently working on my "Playoff Indians" roster of ex-Indians that will play in the post-season this year (or be available). Just need to learn who the last few playoff teams will be. I'm confident that my assemblage of talent could take any similarly constructed "Playoff" team. I fear the Dodgers may be doomed in that they look to have 5 ex-Indians on their roster.

You know, if Carmona hadn't shown that 2007 was a fluke, the Indians would look a lot better with a good young ace at the top of the rotation. Westbrook can be serviceable, if Masterson tops out as a good #3, there's a pretty decent rotation.

Not necessarily playoff bound but that's got to be better than a .400 winning percentage team.

Go Rockies.

;)

Wow. That's a great blog you found there.

Oh and I don't blame the Rockies really. I probably would have done the same thing if I were in their position.

Long as they beat the Dodgers, I'm OK with it :D

My understanding with regard to Farrell's contract is that it allows some wiggle room if he's presented with an opportunity to manage. Another interesting factoid is that he make his off-season home in Cleveland. If the Sux staff continues to give up runs in bundles like they have lately (they're down 9-0 to Toronto as we speak) maybe they'd be better off getting rid of him. Obviously, he can't coach.

Up over and out.

Update: Nolasco 16 strike outs(14 swinging) Marlins up 5-2 in bottom of the 8th. Phils batting in the bottom of the 7th leading 8-3.

Edit: Nolasco pitched 7.2 innings w/ 16 strike outs and no earned runs. Thanks dude. Phils up 10-3 after 7.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

My understanding with regard to Farrell's contract is that it allows some wiggle room if he's presented with an opportunity to manage. Another interesting factoid is that he make his off-season home in Cleveland. If the Sux staff continues to give up runs in bundles like they have lately (they're down 9-0 to Toronto as we speak) maybe they'd be better off getting rid of him. Obviously, he can't coach.

Up over and out.

You know what? You're every bit as uninformed as you are a jackass.

He CANNOT manage before 2011. There is no wiggle room, the contract says that if he chooses to manage before the end of the contract, the Red Sox must be compensated. That isn't wiggle room. That's a penalty if he quits to purse something else.

And as far as tonight goes, check out the lineups, asshole. Its a fucking "B" team in March lineup.

Jesus H. Christ! The Braves have scored twice in the 9th thanks to two errors by the Marlins to cut the lead to 5-4. Two outs bases are loaded. Man if they lose Ricky Nolasco is going to be one pissed off mofo.

Cholly just put in Lidge w/ 2 outs in the 9th and the Phils leading 10-3. Guess he figures not even Lidge can blow this one.

Edited by J.H. Deeley