MLB 2009 Season

Hey, hope springs eternal - I just found out the Rays came back and beat the Rangers. We could clinch as early as tomorrow - except it will be a pretty late celebration if they manage to beat the Jays and then have to wait til a 10 PM start for the Angels hosting the Rangers.

Better to lose tomorrow, have the Rangers lose, then they can win on Tuesday and have a spontaneous celebration.

The only one of the season, I'm sure, but it will be a welcome sight.

Watching those motherfucking assholes celebrate will be nauseating and fucking infuriating.

Up over and out.

How sad and pathetic that the "greatest franchise in the history of sport" would possibly care.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave, here's some stadium fan video of our mfa's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lebE3h6t-S0. ^_^

Great celebration! Did you see the fans leave for the exits the second the last out was made! Great fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Hey, good excuse to post another video clip--this one pretty clearly shows lots of people staying around past the moment of the final out. (Wire accounts also described the crowd giving the team a standing ovation as Jeter led them off the field.) Besides, can you blame the folks who did leave for not wanting to get caught in a Bronx post-game crush? ^_^

The extreme hatred for the Yankees here continues to amaze me... It's probably because I'm not an American, but I like a well-played game and I like to watch both the Red Sox and the Yankees (I probably should go into hiding right now).

Edited by J.A.W.

The extreme hatred for the Yankees here continues to amaze me... It's probably because I'm not an American, but I like a well-played game and I like to watch both the Red Sox and the Yankees (I probably should go into hiding right now).

Don't worry, we're just warming up for the playoffs, where our Yankee hatred will really come out....

At the start of the year would any one have said that, at this point in the season, Seattle would have a better record than Tampa Bay? No one thought that. Tampa Bay has to be the most disappointing team in baseball this year, I really thought that they would win the East. Guess that's why the play the games on the field. However, great surprise season my the Mariners.

I think you'd better reconsider. The Mets have been the most disappointing team in baseball this year, beautiful new stadium and all.

No point in hating them until we get a real commissioner and revenue sharing that is closer to the NFL. When the Red Sox won it all in 07 they had the 2nd highest payroll in MLB and gave Dice K 100 million dollars. The Devil Rays entire pay roll that year was what 30 mil? Aside from last century history, the club house and that one team doesn't have to shave there is no difference now between the Red Sox and the Yankees.

7 out of the 8 teams that will be in the playoffs are in the top 8 to 10 in payroll. The only underdog coming into the playoffs are the Rockies. Maybe if the Yankees win it all, enough people will get sick to their stomach's and see if MLB can make changes so thats its not a lock that the highest payroll teams are always in the playoffs.

The Dvil Rays this year are not a disappointment, last year was a fluke. Not saying they weren't talented and deserving but its like going to a poker table and you have 20k to play with and everybody else had 3 mil. You may be a great poker player and go all in on a inside straight and walk away with some money but the next day those guys with 3 mil will still be at the table ready to kick your ass.

Edited by WorldB3

The Mets disappointed but they didn't fall from as high a lofty perch and they had extraordinary injuries to blame for their failures. The Rays went from winning the pennant to possibly finishing under .500.

The Mets, IMHO, had a better team than the Rays, AND were picked to win it all.

Yes, the injuries are a large part of their failures this year, but they also served to expose Minaya's inability to put together a well-constructed team (ie., the back ups suck big-time).

The Mets disappointed but they didn't fall from as high a lofty perch and they had extraordinary injuries to blame for their failures. The Rays went from winning the pennant to possibly finishing under .500.

Yes, the injuries are a large part of their failures this year, but they also served to expose Minaya's inability to put together a well-constructed team (ie., the back ups suck big-time).

After two straight September collapses and no significant improvements last off-season (well, they did sign K-Rod but its not like the bullpen was to blame for two straight collapses, plus they ended up re-signing that godawful lefty to a ridiculous deal), exactly who picked the Mets to win it all? I know of no one online or in the mainstream media who thought that the Mets would win the pennant, let alone the World Series, and I'd say the vast majority of prognosticators had the Phillies repeating in the division.

The Rays, on the other hand, returned the same young and talented starters and everyday players who reached the World Series and added what was expected to be a strong bat at DH in Burrell. In fact, Burrell being awful had something to do with the Rays collapse.

After two straight September collapses and no significant improvements last off-season (well, they did sign K-Rod but its not like the bullpen was to blame for two straight collapses, plus they ended up re-signing that godawful lefty to a ridiculous deal), exactly who picked the Mets to win it all? I know of no one online or in the mainstream media who thought that the Mets would win the pennant, let alone the World Series, and I'd say the vast majority of prognosticators had the Phillies repeating in the division.

The Rays, on the other hand, returned the same young and talented starters and everyday players who reached the World Series and added what was expected to be a strong bat at DH in Burrell. In fact, Burrell being awful had something to do with the Rays collapse.

"but its not like the bullpen was to blame for two straight collapses"

Huh? Does the name Heilman ring a bell? Can't blame you for only following NY baseball from the Bronx, I guess.

It might be comparable to the hatred people feel toward soccer teams like [just guessing] Manchester United.

Soccer hooligans being the biggest reason, I suppose. Being an American, I don't understand that extreme hatred either.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Jesus H. Christ. The Phillies are going to take this down until the last game of the season.

Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact the braves have won 7 straight, and 15 of their last 17!!! :P

Seriously, is anyone here even aware how hot they have been???? The Rockies seemed to get a ton of press on their run in 2007...true, they were a touch hotter, but it seems ESPN has only just noticed them the last day or two. They will still focusing on the Giants when the Braves were ahead of them! Still haven't seen any montages with epic music in the background.

Bobby Cox is a very strange manager. He is purely incapable of managing a bullpen. Peter Moylan, the heavily tattooed Aussie, has more appearances than anyone else in baseball. And he had Tommy John surgery way, way back in May of 2008! Would LaRussa wear out a guy like that, so soon after the surgery???? The Braves have 2 closers, in Mike Gonzalez and Rafael Soriano. They have been way overworked, until recently. (They will likely be allowed to walk, since they will cost too much come next year...sigh)

Instead of signing Jason Giambi, or Tony Clark, they have instead stayed with.....Greg Norton. Had a great year as a pinch hitter in 2008, but this year, in 74 AB's he has 10 hits, for a robust .136 Batting average!!! :bad: How many games did that cost us??? How many games were cost by leaving Jeff Francouer out there when he was hitting without any power, and swinging at pitches 2 feet outside????

But, that is what also works in his favor...everyone says how loyal he is to players. Players love him, and play hard for him. They don't quit on him. And thats why they are still in the race...somehow. Well, that and the fact Jair Jurrjens, Javy Vazquez(Man, was I ever wrong about trading for him!), and Tommy Hanson all have ERA's under 3.00!

2 games back in the Wild card, with 6 to go! Unbelievable!

Bobby Cox is a very strange manager. ....

I don't get Bobby Cox either -- never have, never will. It's like he's asleep in the dugout, only popping up to yell and screamm at an umpire, and then get thrown out of the game. I still can't get use to the fact that Rockin' Lee Mazzilli is not sitting next to him either. Just knowing he's dead in the dugout, managing the Braves, it enough for me never to watch the Braves at all.

Edited by Matthew

I don't get Bobby Cox either -- never have, never will. It's like he's asleep in the dugout, only popping up to yell and screamm at an umpire, and then get thrown out of the game. I still can't get use to the fact that Rockin' Lee Mazzilli is not sitting next to him either. Just knowing he's dead in the dugout, managing the Braves, it enough for me never to watch the Braves at all.

Leo Mazzone, but you knew that. ;) I'm trying to remember though I think they missed each other by a year or 3 with the O's, but just think if manager Lee Mazzilli had hired Leo Mazzone as his pitching coach? I doubt Dave Niehaus could have handled it when the M's played the O's. :lol:

*edited to add I would hope that they would open a restaurant together given the naming possibilities.

Edited by Quincy

Leo Mazzone, but you knew that. ;) I'm trying to remember though I think they missed each other by a year or 3 with the O's, but just think if manager Lee Mazzilli had hired Leo Mazzone as his pitching coach? I doubt Dave Niehaus could have handled it when the M's played the O's. :lol:

*edited to add I would hope that they would open a restaurant together given the naming possibilities.

Mazzilli - Mazzone, toe-may-toe, toe-mah-to.... :w

Never have I seen a more pathetic schizoid team in my fucking life.

Best record in baseball from immediately following Boston Massacre III in August up until about ten days ago. Then: Split in KC, and fucking lucky to get it. Swept in New York. About to lose two straight to the fucking Jays - this oen tonight featuring not one, not two not three not four but

FIVE FUCKING HOME RUNS

allowed by the fucking piece of shit who is supposed to be the #3 pitcher in the playoffs?

How the fuck can anyone fucking dream that they could go on any sort of roll in October -assuming that they fucking manage to win one more fucking time between now and Sunday? I wish they would just fucking drop the rest of the games and get this shit over with.

Never have I seen a more pathetic schizoid team in my fucking life.

Best record in baseball from immediately following Boston Massacre III in August up until about ten days ago. Then: Split in KC, and fucking lucky to get it. Swept in New York. About to lose two straight to the fucking Jays - this oen tonight featuring not one, not two not three not four but

FIVE FUCKING HOME RUNS

allowed by the fucking piece of shit who is supposed to be the #3 pitcher in the playoffs?

How the fuck can anyone fucking dream that they could go on any sort of roll in October -assuming that they fucking manage to win one more fucking time between now and Sunday? I wish they would just fucking drop the rest of the games and get this shit over with.

Fuck the fucking lucky fucking fucks that fucked up the fucking Boston fucking fucked up fucks.

The fucking fucked up fucking bastard fucking fucks.

Just fucking how in the fucking fucked up fucking hell can I fucking fuck say as many fucking fucked times how fucked up the fucks who fucking fuck up the fucking fucked up fucking game fucking fucked it fucking up?

Fuck me, fuck you and the fucking fucked up fucking Boston fucking Red fucking Sox.

The fucking fucked up fucks.

My fucking advice? Fucking buy a fucking Thesaurus fer criss-fucking-sakes...fucking fuck this fucking shit. :rolleyes:

GEEZ.

Edited by GoodSpeak