Sports: 2009/10 NBA & NCAA Basketball Season

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the OKC Thunder win game seven Sunday, I think this whole Westbrook / Durant , whose-the-top-dog thing, is going to be their undoing, and I would not be surprised to see the Thunder implode Sunday either. Unfortunately, it looks like OKC will have to choose between Westbrook or Durant at some point.

The Heat received a flat-out beatdown last night by the Bulls -- I loved every minute of it!

Didn't actually watch that much of it, but I did catch Gibson's sick, sick dunk in the 4th. Then I watched the commentators (Barkley et al.) ask to see it over and over, which was pretty funny. I do love all the back-pedalling from those that said the Heat would sweep the Bulls. Actually Barkley was one of the few to say he favored the Bulls. Anything could happen (DRose gets injured and it is all over) but the Bulls definitely play better D and they are a far more complete team than the Heat, so they have a pretty good shot going forward.

One thing that has been interesting is that I have been reading LeBron's thoughts on the series and the previous ones. I'm certainly not a fan of his, but he seems pretty sharp and clearly watches a lot of film. I wonder if he would make a good coach far down the road. He actually was correct about Bosh getting it going in game 1, but he surely didn't forsee that he and Wade would wilt against a team that played real D.

I'm all for beating the Heat at all costs but I will say that the behind the benches "talent" in Miami has me hoping this goes six. Know I know why Evan is a fan!

I really don't follow. If you want the Heat to lose, why wouldn't doing it in 5 (or even 4) be better?

I'm all for beating the Heat at all costs but I will say that the behind the benches "talent" in Miami has me hoping this goes six. Know I know why Evan is a fan!

I really don't follow. If you want the Heat to lose, why wouldn't doing it in 5 (or even 4) be better?

Think ejp626 wants to check out the talent in Miami for the full three games there, just to make sure his HD tv is really working good... :w

All I can ever see is a sea of white in Miami. Props to Chicago for not falling into this "let's all wear the some color" bs. That's okay in high school, but this is the NBA.

Edited by Matthew

I'm all for beating the Heat at all costs but I will say that the behind the benches "talent" in Miami has me hoping this goes six.

Know I know why Evan is a fan!

Think ejp626 wants to check out the talent in Miami for the full three games there, just to make sure his HD tv is really working good... :w

eggs ackley.

my heart was w/ the Celtics but the goods in Miami sure look better than fat green shirts and beer. and the two zoom modes are doing fine. :w

Very sad today. :( I have no idea why the Bulls went out like a bunch of punks. (And for that matter, why Thibs refused to play Kurt Thomas in game 4 -- we might well have won that one.) It was such a total collapse in the 4th that you have to wonder about their mental strength. On the whole still an amazing season, but clearly Rose needs one more guy that can reliably deliver points and help spread the floor (hands down, Mr. Boozer and Mr. Korver). Guess we'll see what they do in the off-season.

I hope Nowitzki gives those three a big shitburger to eat.

Even if he does, it does not make up for the fact that for years, way too many years, this guy has been one of the most self-imposed underachievers in the history of NBA Stardom. Yeah, he's got crazy mad skills, but far too often he has chosen to leave them on the table and make excuses for why he don't just man up and beat the fuckers down. Then when he finally does, the hype machine goes all "against a tough this" & "in the face of almost insurmountable that" and Dirk is made out to be a Suffering Hero.

Bullshit.

Dirk got Avery Johnson fired, a coach who was creating a potential dynasty, all because Dirk did not like what Avery was asking him to do defensively. Dirk and Terry led the team that openly quit in the first round of the playoffs after having the best regular season record (67-15!!!) rather than play according to Avery's plan. Dirk & Mark Cuban would rather stroke each other's egos that suck it up, kick some ass, and get some rings. That team could have been one of the all-time great ones, but hey, what's more important, building a legacy or having your way?

I'd love to have some love for the Mavericks here, but evreytime I look at Dirk & Jason Terry, I see two guys who could've and should've done it by now, more than once, but who just were not disciplined and selfless enough to dig deep, lose the ego, and take the blood and dirt that needed to be took. I'm pretty sure they'll get the ring this year, the Mavs bench is pretty damn impressive, consistent, and deep, but when the hype machine starts pumping how "at long last, the great blah blah blah", I will begin to puke, and might not even bother to leave the room to do so.