Initially bad and now good news from Hiroshi Tanno

J.A.W.

Hiroshi Tanno just told me he won't be able to supply most new Japanese CDs from January 1, 2010. He'll keep running his record shop, so people can still contact him about used records and CDs from that date.

Mr Tanno has provided me with many gems over the years and I'm very sorry to see this happening. His service has always been excellent.

Edited by J.A.W.

Yes, I heard from him this morning. His contact point for new releases won't deal with someone of his size anymore. So a good reason to get orders in for current releases in the next month or so (even if the pound to the yen rate is a killer at the moment). As Hans says though, he was keen to point out that the shop is still open for used items

I already posted this bad news last week on the New Japanese reissue thread, but it does deserve its own thread in retrospect....hope Hiroshis business continues to thrive under the altered cicumstances.

Sorry, I hadn't seen that; I'm no longer following the Japanese reissue threads. I guess those threads will dry up, now that Hiroshi soon won't be able to get new CDs anymore.

Edited by J.A.W.

This is a real pity, I am awaiting a large shipment from him myself, should be here early next week, it will have a few new CDs in it which I'm sure he went to a bit of trouble to get for me. Strange he didn't mention this to me because I am a fairly regular customer and usually get a few new things from him with every order. :rcry :rcry :rcry

Hiroshi Tanno is a true gentleman whose product is always, always, A+. The only people to come close to his level of service are Chuck Nessa, and the folks at www.ayler.com, who are also a joy to do business with.

I will remain a loyal customer of Hiroshi's LP offerings at least!

Edited by peterintoronto

Sad to see that go. I recommend Mundo though. They give very quick and friendly service. As a backup, there is also hmv.co.jp - kinda pricey however.

Mundo's prices are also quite high compared to Hiroshi's.

Earlier this week Hiroshi told me he might still be able to get new Japanese CDs after January 1, but nothing's been decided yet.

Sad to see that go. I recommend Mundo though. They give very quick and friendly service. As a backup, there is also hmv.co.jp - kinda pricey however.

Earlier this week Hiroshi told me he might still be able to get new Japanese CDs after January 1, but nothing's been decided yet.

That is hopeful. We'll await with interest. Yes - Mundo is more expensive than Hiroshi.

MG

That is hopeful. We'll await with interest. Yes - Mundo is more expensive than Hiroshi.

MG

Hiroshi just told me he'll probably know more in about four weeks.

This was the last paragraph of an e-mail message I received this morning from Hiroshi:

I have one more thing to tell you. I'm going to sign a contract with another supplier, so I will be able to provide brand new CDs after January 1st, 2010.

Yep, got this good news from him too.