My Cat Brigitte

l_1337ae447a0e96e86ef96e405496bd69.jpg

My cat Brigitte passed into the next realm last night, Oct. 28, 2009. She was 12 years old in gorilla years. We had her since she was a kitten, right when my wife and I first got together, so her life was our life.

At her last visit to the vet, the doctor said, "She seems very young for her age." I replied, "She doesn't put much wear and tear on herself."

She was a great cat, very affectionate, few surprises. This is one of my favorite pictures of her, taken in our tiki room.

RIP, Sweet Kitteh...

Edited by Teasing the Korean

Thanks all for the kind words. I see that I am not alone and my heart goes out to you on your losses also.

I should add that she went peacefully in her sleep, so their were no traumatic visits to the emergency room.

Man with the Golden Arm: It may sound silly, but yeah, she reacted differently to different types of music. On the rare occasions when I put on pop/rock, she would leave the room! She seemed to go for jazz and anything with bongos in it, which is half of my collection ;) . She looked beautiful lounging in the tiki room with an outstretched arm, while something like a Chico Hamilton album on Impulse! was spinning.

We have two other cats, Ilya and Angelique, so their presence will help.

Edited by Teasing the Korean