BFT 69--Sign Up Thread

Hot Ptah

It is time to sign up for BFT 69, my first Blindfold Test.

This BFT is a mixture of songs I have especially enjoyed over the years, those tracks that have jumped out at me as I have played my albums.

I tried to make the BFT something that could be played repeatedly for pleasure. I have been having a blast listening to the several "drafts" of the BFT on my car CD player. In the old days, I used to make cassette mix tapes that would be fun to listen to, and I tried to do the same thing here--but for my most discriminating audience by far!

I have played the test to a few non-members of this forum, just to get their reactions. Here are photos of some of them as they have listened to it:

phillies-fans-celebrate_nc.jpg

free.jpg

j0386362.jpg

happy%20woman2-saidaonline.jpg

577-will-happy-baby.jpg

nixon-laughing.jpg

laughing_horse.jpg

Big Al is graciously taking care of the downloads, as I am more technologically challenged than I should be for my tender age.

I will be happy to make discs for anyone who prefers discs. Just PM me with your mailing address.

This Blindfold Test is two discs long, with a holiday bonus cut at the end of Disc 2.

Edited by Hot Ptah

Since my buddy Dick Nixon liked it so, I'm in. Download is fine.

I remember all those Sunday afternoons we spent in San Clemente, listening to his collection of Saturn sides.

Nixon was renowned for his solo piano rendition of Ra's "Fate in a Pleasant Mood." Here is a photo of him running through the "Nubians of Plutonia" album, reported to be his overall favorite:

NixonPiano,1962.jpg