Warne Marsh and Lee Konitz Live Boxed Set

There is a lot of wonderful music on this cd, with Marsh especially being in great form. At first listen, I was very casual, then as the music went on, I had to pay attention because Marsh is playing so good, and so intense, yet it's a relaxed intensity. Ideas flowing out of him solo after solo, without repeating lines or falling into cliches, but very inventive with a wonderful tone. Great music at a great price.

Obviously, you ordered before me!

I must have gotten lucky or something because I only placed my order Thursday night.

I ordered it from Amazon. They say it should be here in a week and a half or so. Looking forward to it! Getting hold of those Storyville boxes can be an adventure.

gregmo

• 4 weeks later...

I must have gotten lucky or something because I only placed my order Thursday night.

I ordered it from Amazon. They say it should be here in a week and a half or so. Looking forward to it! Getting hold of those Storyville boxes can be an adventure.

gregmo

you guys are so spoilt!

you can easily obtain recent Storyville releases through amazon.de (or amazon.fr - it's always worth comparing the prices, sometimes amazon.co.uk might be an option, too).

we yurpeens order from the US often and just live with shipping costs of 10$ or so for a single crappy disc (and the jewel case will be uselessly crunched half of the time, too...)

gregmo

you guys are so spoilt!

you can easily obtain recent Storyville releases through amazon.de (or amazon.fr - it's always worth comparing the prices, sometimes amazon.co.uk might be an option, too).

we yurpeens order from the US often and just live with shipping costs of 10$ or so for a single crappy disc (and the jewel case will be uselessly crunched half of the time, too...)

You know, last I heard, we still have an open door policy here in the good ole US of A (despite 9/11)!!!!

gregmo

you guys are so spoilt!

Spoiled? US?! :rolleyes:

Actually, I'll be in Yurp for a few months starting next fall, so maybe I'll catch up on some of those Storyvilles!

gregmo