Attack of the Zombies

Jazz

ah, Christmas. a time to think about your fellow man, and how one might help better the lives of those less fortunate. a time of reflection, introspection, and assesing ones own life.

awwwfuckit! they're having a sale at Wal-Mart. i can get a DVD player (so i can spend even more time not interacting with my family, friends, humanity) for only $29!!!

gee, i can't wait to see the security video of this incident. <_<

sigh

From the article:

Ellzey said Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to ask about her sister, and the store apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her.

If this isn't the most unbelievable thing I've read, I don't know what is. I mean, does she still get the discount? Looks like it's not just the other shoppers that couldn't give a damn about the woman.

www.walmartsurvivor.com

WALMART STORES, INC. altered 25,426 innocent American lives due to procedures which allowed them to be "struck by merchandise" from 01/01/91 through 06/22/95.  Pam Lee, (Greenwald v WM), of Claims Management, a wholly owned WM subsidiary, signed an affidavit about these facts on 06/29/95.  In New v WM, it was shown an average of 150 shoppers nationwide daily are injured due to falling merchandise or merchandise dropped by employees.  However, not all of the injured were listed in the Lee exhibit of over 330 pages of injured parties names.

According to the April 1997 Inside Edition investigative report by Craig Rivera, from 01/94 through 05/94, 1,123 employees and 1,246 customers were injured. Lannie Kirkpatrick, an injured employee stated "Every customer that walks into a Walmart store: BEWARE 'cuz they're in a dangerous zone."  Kathleen Mills, fired after her father was injured while shopping at WM said there should be a sign saying "shopping in this store may be hazardous to your health".

Edited by Claude

From the article:

Ellzey said Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to ask about her sister, and the store apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her.

If this isn't the most unbelievable thing I've read, I don't know what is. I mean, does she still get the discount? Looks like it's not just the other shoppers that couldn't give a damn about the woman.

I saw that this morning on the news.

Wow! That is so big of Walmart to put the $29 DVD player on hold for her. :wacko:

I find that I'm starting to get a bad attitude about Christmas. It seems to have lost much of it's joy and charm. :tdown

We want her to come back as a shopper

Yeah, maybe so they can finish her off. I used to work at a Wal Mart so I have all sorts of horror stories. Even so, I have no horror stories that involve a shopper getting trampled.

Just the mere thought that these people thought it was worth possibly taking this woman's life for a 50 dollar discount and then pretended not to see her lying there...

I can't even explain how this makes me feel.

:wacko:

Thank you!  :D

No, thank YOU!!! :g

In my mind I saw this spinning out of control, infecting the whole board until all anyone posted were "thank you"'s! Then we'd be like those pelicans in Finding Nemo ("mine! mine mine!"). Imagine new posters visiting the forum, it would be like a scene out of Hitchcock's The Birds. That would rock.

Sorry, my imagination is a little weird and overactive. :w

P.S. - No no, thank YOU :g

Don't you think the smartest thing Wal-Mart could have done would have been to give her a DVD player for all of her troubles? When you're so busy maintaining the bottom line that you can't even bring yourself to give merchandise to someone who was knocked unconscious in your store, you've got troubles...

Don't you think the smartest thing Wal-Mart could have done would have been to give her a DVD player for all of her troubles? When you're so busy maintaining the bottom line that you can't even bring yourself to give merchandise to someone who was knocked unconscious in your store, you've got troubles...

I wondered about that myself, but I thought maybe there were legal reasons. As in, maybe that could be seen as some sort of admission of liability. At any rate, the offer to hold a dvd player for her is a slap in the face.

Indeed! A slap in the face to all the hard working Americans who fight the crowds and buy their DVD players honestly and don't resort to cheap publicity stunts to avoid having to shop honestly!

Who do you think is going to NOT get a shot at a DVD player thanks to this? That's right - you and me, Mr. & Mrs. Average Hardworking American. This kind of bleeding heart liberalism is going to ruin our country.

Edited by JSngry

Indeed! A slap in the face to all the hard working Americans who fight the crowds and buy their DVD players honestly and don't resort to cheap publicity stunts to avoid having to shop honestly!

Who do you think is going to NOT get a shot at a DVD player thanks to this? That's right - you and me, Mr. & Mrs. Average Hardworking American. This kind of bleeding heart liberalism is going to ruin our country.

:lol::lol::lol: