A DEEP OLIVE BRANCH TO CHRISTIERN

Guest DEEP (GET ME OUT OF MY SKULL)

Hey DEEP (In the Drunk Tank)

Why don't you get the hell out of this thread and go visit some of the other, far more stimulating conversations taking place on this board?

Here's a clue as to why you might want to consider that:

1.  Hanging here and only here shows you to be a desperate-for-attention buffoon.

2.  A watched pot never boils, and a watched thread never gets the response you are so desperate to see.

GHOUL,

Are you suggesting I not respond to posts directed at me??

(Like yours for instance).

Soooo, who do you think was the best drummer to have recorded with Lennie Tristano??

Jeff Morton, Shelly Manne, Harold Granowsky, or Art Taylor.

Something tells me you're just NOT a Tristano devotee.

sssSSSHHHHHH

I think I can hear Epsom Salts at work

DEEP

DEEP (In The Drunk Tank),

You know exactly what I am saying, and it has nothing to do with responding or not responding to other's posts directed at you.

Let me say it in another way:

GET OUT OF THIS THREAD AND SHOW THAT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS COMMUNITY OTHER THAN THE GLORIFICATION OF YOUR MASSIVE EGO.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you get the hell out of this thread and go visit some of the other, far more stimulating conversations taking place on this board?

WORD!!!!

I'd really like to see some more participation from you, DEEP, in other areas of the board, especially in some heavy MUSIC threads. You obviously have a lot to offer, and I'm warming to some of your charm (SERIOUSLY!!).

BUT, as it stands now, a frightingly large percentage of your posts on this board are just PISSING IN THE PUNCH BOWL. (And most of it is directed at Chris, it would seem.)

Grow the fuck up a bit, and get with the PARTY. :party: (And quit being such a party pooper. :rmad: )

:rlol:rlol:rlol:w

Soooo, who do you think was the best drummer to have recorded with Lennie Tristano??

Jeff Morton, Shelly Manne, Harold Granowsky, Max, or A.T.?

Why don't you start a new thread about this, DEEP???? We'd like to have these kinds of discussions with you. Trouble is, they're buried in threads like this - which are nothing but a huge fuckin' ego trip on your part.

A.T. - That Sing Sing Room stuff is the shit.

Angry,

I agree that the Sing Song Room is good but ya know..A.T. might have been to loose for Tristano (and A.T. wasn't exactly a Philadelhia Joe kinda loose either).

The drummers that seem to fit best with Tristano are "TRISTANO WEENED" drummers, and Jeff Morton was TRISTANO WEENED.

SssssSSSSSHHHHHHH

I think I hear the pitter patter of feet.

DEEP

Point well taken.

Morton's cool, no doubt about that, but I like what AT's looseness does to Lennie. Lennie might not have liked what it did to Lennie, though...

I'd have liked to have heard Al Levitt w/Tristano in LT's later recordings.

Angry,

Buddy DeFranco told me once that Tristano accused him of deferring to

"That obvious swing". DeFranco laughed at that.

Lennie definitely wanted things to be metronomic.

Funny thing is, on some of his solo outings I hear his left hand bass line dropping tempo. Maybe his left hand was confused at what is right hand was doing.

DEEP

B3er - I'm with Brad on the Deep question. Why don't you just get rid of all posts and threads initiated by this exhibitionistic fool? And any pseudonyms he might follow up with - they're dead easy to spot. There's a real danger that Organissimo will end up like BNBB, which would be a great shame. Or is it inevitable that any BB will in time attract trolls and fools who degrade things to a point where people just switch off and don't return?

JESUS! Y'all just need to get a life or something. If you don't like DEEP or his threads, don't read 'em! It's that easy. Jim has said the board will be getting an ignore function early next year so those of you with weak stomaches can put a perma block on Danny. In the mean time, give it a rest, will ya? Get a sense of humor and jump thread! :blink:

JESUS! Y'all just need to get a life or something. If you don't like DEEP or his threads, don't read 'em! It's that easy. Jim has said the board will be getting an ignore function early next year so those of you with weak stomaches can put a perma block on Danny. In the mean time, give it a rest, will ya? Get a sense of humor and jump thread! :blink:

I wish there was a CLASP !! icon.

Hey how 'bout it B? Cop a CLASP icon for the board.

Until such time as there is one I guess Dye will just have to live with

:tup:tup:tup:tup:tup for his post.

DEEP

If you don't like DEEP or his threads, don't read 'em! It's that easy.

I’m pretty much with you Jim, but I know someone who swore off both org and aaj primarily because of Deep and the surrounding machinations. It’s easier for some to turn the channel than others and in the meantime, we’re losing some pretty damn fine people.

Edited by shawn·m

Great idea, B-3er. We could use a CLASP icon.

In the meantime, this member of the SOBER OPPRESSED has received not one cubit of sympathy from that noted scholar of bulletin board jurisprudence, DEEP LEGISLATION!

Instead he has accused me of word INTOXICATION; and has volunteered a further use for my probiscus beyond it's GOD GIVEN PURPOSES. He suggests that I use it for sniffing up illegal particles. This would be highly OFFENSIVE to us TEA DRINKERS.

I plead to your LILIPUTIAN conscience DEEP.

Here I am, nursing a minor league hangover and I find all this nastiness.

Through my bloodshot eyes, I see that some souls are upset with the LDB diatribes while others are amused.

I am afraid that that old tub thumper will piss off enough folks and end up hitting the road, searching, searching for a new home.

I hope not, this cat has always been good for a few big laughs from yrs truly.

And this morning I need a few good laughs, and about 11 Advils. :rfr

Edited by clinthopson

Angry,

Buddy DeFranco told me once that Tristano accused him of deferring to

"That obvious swing". DeFranco laughed at that.

Lennie definitely wanted things to be metronomic.

Funny thing is, on some of his solo outings I hear his left hand bass line dropping tempo. Maybe his left hand was confused at what is right hand was doing.

DEEP

The funny thing is that Lee thrived w/Elvin & DeJohnette, and Warne did shit with time that pretty much defies description. It's almost like Lennie wanted to do something he couldn't quite do himself, so he got people who could, and then played head trips on them becasue he wanted them to be "his". Or something screwy like that, I don't know.

You read the Warne bio?

(and btw - I agree w/Jim Dye - it's not like Danny's doing his schtick all over the board or in other people's threads. He's confining it to specific threads - the ones he starts. This board offers many threads on many topics. I trust the moderators to handle things appropriately if they cross certain lines. In the meantime, the REST of the board is there for the reading and posting pleasure of all. Enjoy!)

I’m pretty much with you Jim, but I know someone who swore off both org and aaj primarily because of Deep and the surrounding machinations. It’s easier for some to turn the channel than others and in the meantime, we’re losing some pretty damn fine people.

I agree.

I often find myself laughing about what DEEP posts, but too many times I've seen good people be the target of the bullshit, and leave as a result of it.

Dude has major knowledge and experience and should/could be an asset, but the constant fucking with other members does get old.

Let's look at it this way.

DEEP is pretty much here by way of default. He has been banned at Jazz Corner and AAJ.

How much posting did he do here before that?

I remember how he used to go on about AAJ being the real shit, and now all of a sudden it's Organissimo is the real deal. What else is he going to say?

I'm not down with the idea of banning him, but it's not cool to lose solid members as a result of his ways.

I don't think this is a lack of a sense of humor issue for most, we never seemed to have a problem laughing here before and sure we can all ignore it, but as Shawn or as I like to call him Shane ;) points out we are loosing some pretty damn fine people in the process.

So to DEEP I say, your schtick can be and is funny and I would not mind you hanging here, but does it all have to be about you? Does it always have to be so in the face?

Lord knows I have had my disagreements with Albertson when it comes to politics, but I look forward to his contributions to this board, as I do with many others here.

If you are willing, by all means share the knowledge and make us laugh, but leave the rest of the shit behind.

WORD!!!!

I'd really like to see some more participation from you, DEEP, in other areas of the board, especially in some heavy MUSIC threads. You obviously have a lot to offer, and I'm warming to some of your charm (SERIOUSLY!!).

BUT, as it stands now, a frightingly large percentage of your posts on this board are just PISSING IN THE PUNCH BOWL. (And most of it is directed at Chris, it would seem.)

Grow the fuck up a bit, and get with the PARTY. :party: (And quit being such a party pooper. :rmad: )

:rlol:rlol:rlol:w

Right on.. I even started a "Drummer's Corner" which Sir Deepness hasn't responded much to.. "How does Deep tune and muffle his bass drum? I guess I'll never know.. :mellow:

B3er - And I've just noticed a thread from PDEE on AAJ explaining that it's the DEEP threads that mean he will no longer contribute to either ORG or AAJ.

that's really too bad. i frequented, as lurker, the aaj and saw some great exchanges being tossed about between the two. hard to find a bar-room these days where one can eavesdrop a bit and leave with an incredible education of british jazz and such. you could certainly read under the mortar fire and take with some superb insights from both. peter was a great wealth to that board and an important contributor. unfortunate that it's come to such an outcome.

tralalalalalatralatralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalalaI'M NOT LISTENINGtralalalalala

tralalalalalatralaI'M NOT LISTENINGtralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalala

tralalalalalatralatralalalalalatralalalalalaI'M NOT LISTENINGtralalalalalatralalalalala

tralalalalalaI'M NOT LISTENINGtralatralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalala

tralalalalalatralatralalalalalatralalalalalatralalalalalaI'M NOT LISTENINGtralalalalala

:g