SMILIES

Hey Jim,

I know you're busy recording and gigging and playing nursemaid to us boardmembers and all, but would it be possible to add to our smilie catalogue?

We need some more tongue-in-cheek smilies; more happy ones; more which show friendship. MORE in general.

I'm sure Catesta would be happy to send you a sample of possibilities. :P

In fact, just recruit the guy for the job. He's good at what he does!! :party:

There are many smilie collections available on the internet, smilies can be linked with the 9-lech.gif

More detailed instructions would be appreciated Claude.

Someone taught me how to do it at the BNBB, (Maybe Couw), but I've since forgotten and the Organissimo board works a little differently.

I already know the smilie websites but I just don't know how to transfer em here.

Now back to the original question:

Jim, How about some more smilies?

I already know the smilie websites but I just don't know how to transfer em here.

Now back to the original question:

Jim, How about some more smilies?

No need to have them transfered here. You just find a smiley you like (from one of those sites), and then right-click on it, and find the URL for it. (Same thing you would do if you were going to post any graphic or picture.)

For instance, you notice how our board doesn't have a "clickable smiley" verison of the green face that's about to throw up?? BUT, but do have that smiley (right here on this very board) to use as the smiley that's associated with the subject-line of the topic (labeled as "Post Icons" when you're on the post screen.

Well, I'm about to right-click on that little green face, and then select "properties" from the right-click drop-down list of options. Then I select the URL for that image, and copy it into the clipboard. Then click on the "IMG" button right above the post content area (where I'm typing now), and BAM: icon8.gif - there's the image.

Here's some more .gifs from this same page (the 'posting' page), that are otherwise not available as "clickable smileys": icon12.gif and/or icon13.gif.

Or other graphics from this page: logo4.gif

You dig!! :bwallace:

THAT SAID, I wouldn't mind seeing a few more smilies added to the board, choosen with care of course.

Testing....

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/laugh2.gif

Man, what a palaver!

Jimmmmm......! How about some more smilies?

Hmm, obviously, I wasn't very successful.

BTW, Rooster, I have no ideas how to post pictures either.

testing again: laugh2.gif

Well, I guess I got it, but have instantly forgot how I did it! heks.gif

Edited by connoisseur series500

Show off! <_<

Paul, quote 7/4's message, and look at the contents of what you're quoting (meaning his post). You'll see two IMG tags, one before the URL of the gif, and one after. the "IMG" (within brackets) comes before the URL, and "/IMG" (within brackets) comes right after the URL.

Gotta run... Good luck!!!! laugh2.gif