2010 MLB Season

The scorecard for Conrad reads: 8 errors in the last 7 games -- he should ONLY pinch-hit.

Another Braves' bust is Heyward. Besides tonight's hat trick with three whiffs, he has yet to get a post-season hit.

Also, McCann has been swinging horribly at pitches way-y-y outside and has been marginalized on offense.

Not counting Infante, the rest of the battery is mired below the Mendoza Line.

Bobby Cox' postgame mea culpa: "You know, we aren't the best team in baseball but..."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about dem Phillies?? :excited:

The Phillies shut out the best hitting team in the NL twice and held them to a postseason record low of 11 hits for the series. Cole Hamels, the MVP of the NL playoffs and WS in 2008, is pitching the best baseball of his career right now. And he's the #3 starter!

Look out SF :cool:

The Phillies shut out the best hitting team in the NL twice and held them to a postseason record low of 11 hits for the series. Cole Hamels, the MVP of the NL playoffs and WS in 2008, is pitching the best baseball of his career right now. And he's the #3 starter!

Yeah, they're looking like the team to beat for anyone to win the World Series -- they have it all, and everything in working on all cylinders. The Giants can match up with the Fightin's in terms of pitching, but I just don't see how the Giants can score enough runs to take a NLCS, the Phillies have a much better offense.

Ghosty better pray to the baseball gods for a Texas win tomorrow, I don't think the Yankees can beat TB without the home field advantage.

If any team can beat the Fightin's it's the Giants. Like you said their pitching staffs match up very well. Sanchez scares the hell out of me and yesterday did nothing to alleviate those fears. I think it will come down to who commits the fewest mistakes/errors and, a little bit of luck. ;)

So glad this will be a best of 7 game series. Baseball deserves no less.

Have to feel for Conrad though...

That's for sure. Mostly for the player, though Berigan will likely accept sympathy too given they share a name.

I always thought Weizen was Conrad. I need an Organissimo scorecard!

I am the Walrus!, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob! As long as I make myself smile, that's all that really matters. ;)

This (the result) probably doesn't happen if they had Wagner.

Brad, you are probably right. Probably should have left Kimbriel in, since he strikes out 2 of every 3 batters...

Have to feel for Conrad though...

That's for sure. Mostly for the player, though Berigan will likely accept sympathy too given they share a name.

Yes, I feel terrible for him! We wouldn't even be in the playoffs without his heroics during the season. But, the fair weather fans in the ATL that finally started to show up at games(Unlike sellout after sellout in Philly) most likely don't even know about that. They just want to boo him, and make it even more unlikely he can do the job.

For the life of me, I don't know what has happened to him. It's not the "yips" a throwing issue,(Though he make some throwing errors, one late season error was because Infante wasn't covering 2nd and his throw went right over the bag into the outfield) he simply can't stop balls from going between his legs! And when he was making a few starts a month at 3rd, or coming in late in a a game, he looked to have much more range than Chipper had, and had a good arm. Seems like a different player now.

It's the kind of thing that can make you hate cruel twists of fate in baseball. Here is a career minor leaguer (Check out how good his numbers were, yet never even had a chance to be a back up til this year) who at the age of 30 was finally getting a chance to show what he could do.

Chipper called him Raw Dog because he is one of the few guys that doesn't wear batting gloves.

Until he hit a homer in the 3rd inning the last week of the season all of his homers up to that point(7) came in the 7th inning or later! 2 Pinch hit grand slams! This guy is someone who thrived when the game was on the line!

Why can't this kind of crap happen to someone like Manny, who used steroids, fakes injuries when 20 Mil on a year to year contract isn't good enough, and became a Cancer in several dugouts...why is he a Playoff God??? Sigh....

I just wanted the braves to avoid being swept, toss Cox a bone, make the team hungry for next year...now this....Even if the Braves won today, no way they can realistically beat Lincecum at home. And everyone will say, if only that idiot Brooks Conrad could stop a ball, we might have beaten the Giants...

The scorecard for Conrad reads: 8 errors in the last 7 games -- he should ONLY pinch-hit.

Another Braves' bust is Heyward. Besides tonight's hat trick with three whiffs, he has yet to get a post-season hit.

Also, McCann has been swinging horribly at pitches way-y-y outside and has been marginalized on offense.

Not counting Infante, the rest of the battery is mired below the Mendoza Line.

Bobby Cox' postgame mea culpa: "You know, we aren't the best team in baseball but..."

I think Heyward is either hurt, or has been thoroughly screwed up by Terry Pendleton. Remember how he looked early in the year? It didn't matter who was pitching to him! I remember some really tough leftie (Perhaps from SD?) and the guy kept going outside and Heyward just knew if the pitch was 2 inches outside, or if it was right on the outside corner, and he pounded him for a homer. Think he even got a hit the next day off the guy.

He had no problems with lefties, and looked to be a smarter hitter than, well anyone on the team! Now look at him...he still gets walks, but can't seem to catch up with anything. Did T.P. convince him to try to pull everything? I sure hope it's a bad thumb...otherwise he may never recover....and fellow baseball fans, would YOU bat Heyward 2nd for a good chunk of the season? He's not a basestealer (not that anyone else is either) and he doesn't hit lefties right now either. What do you bet he will still bat 2nd against the SF left hander today? :rolleyes:

I think McCann is trying too hard. No one is hot in this lineup. Plus they are forever throwing lefties against him.

A healthy Chipper and Martin Prado...would make for a much more competitive series...shoot, still nearly were up 2-1, just needed to get one more out...

This (the result) probably doesn't happen if they had Wagner.

Maybe.

The Phillies shut out the best hitting team in the NL twice and held them to a postseason record low of 11 hits for the series. Cole Hamels, the MVP of the NL playoffs and WS in

2008, is pitching the best baseball of his career right now. And he's the #3 starter!

Like I said before, the Phillies are stacked. Definitely the team to beat.

I'm sure you are all as interested in the Braves lineup as I am! :P

In what is likely to be his last game, he finally decides to think outside the box, to manage.

1. Infante 2B,

2. Diaz LF,

3. Lee 1B,

4. McCann C,

5. Gonzalez SS,

6. Heyward RF,

7. Glaus 3B,

8. Ankiel CF,

9. Lowe P

I'm sure you are all as interested in the Braves lineup as I am! :P

In what is likely to be his last game, he finally decides to think outside the box, to manage.

1. Infante 2B,

2. Diaz LF,

3. Lee 1B,

4. McCann C,

5. Gonzalez SS,

6. Heyward RF,

7. Glaus 3B,

8. Ankiel CF,

9. Lowe P

Even though I do not like Bobby Cox in the least! you can see he's caught between a rock and a hard place. Infante for Conrad is obvious (eg., the double play turn of Infante in the 10th of game 2), but Glaus is a statue at third, not that good of a fielder, and clogs the bases like Benji Molina. Any lineup on the infield has problems, but at this point, Conrad's is not in a happy place, and has to be replaced. Bumgarner a tough pitcher, the Braves are in for a tough night.

Edited by Matthew

Yankees to go with 4-man rotation in ALCS

I think I agree with this, as long as A.J.'s only start is Game 4 at home. Given Pettitte's recent injury and Hughes' innings jump this year, it's probably better to have them (and C.C.) pitch on normal rest, and roll the dice on Game 4 with A.J. He had a couple of decent starts in September, along with the dreadful ones. Still, you're talking a team that's 62-25 when C.C., Andy or Phil starts, and 13-20 when A.J. does. That's a pretty glaring difference.

Have to agree with all of the praise for the Phillies as well--they really are the team to beat, no doubt about it.

I think I agree with this, as long as A.J.'s only start is Game 4 at home. Given Pettitte's recent injury and Hughes' innings jump this year, it's probably better to have them (and C.C.) pitch on normal rest, and roll the dice on Game 4 with A.J. He had a couple of decent starts in September, along with the dreadful ones. Still, you're talking a team that's 62-25 when C.C., Andy or Phil starts, and 13-20 when A.J. does. That's a pretty glaring difference.

Have to agree with all of the praise for the Phillies as well--they really are the team to beat, no doubt about it.

Agree that the four man rotation is the way to go. Who knows, maybe the A.J. we've seen a couple of times this year might actually show up. I'm not holding my breath, but you never know. It's not like he doesn't have the tools.

With respect to the NLCS and the World Series, If the Phils keep winning and Cole Hamels continues to throw like he has of late and you combine him with Halladay and Oswalt, that will be a steep hill for anyone to climb.

Go Bravos! Not that I really care much who wins this series. Just want to see more playoff baseball. So, tonight I'm rooting for the Braves. Might be the Giants next time, who knows?

Second that, Papsrus! Though I'd love to see a Lincecum-Halladay matchup, and it probably won't happen if this series goes back to SF for a Game 5.

Go Bravos! Not that I really care much who wins this series. Just want to see more playoff baseball. So, tonight I'm rooting for the Braves. Might be the Giants next time, who knows?

Second that, Papsrus! Though I'd love to see a Lincecum-Halladay matchup, and it probably won't happen if this series goes back to SF for a Game 5.

:bad: :bad: :bad:

End this thing tonight!

End this thing tonight!

I am actually pulling for the Giants overall, Matthew--I'm just enjoying the ALDS games so much that I want to see more of them. And I would like to see a Lincecum-Halladay duel, so that's the upside for me if SF wins tonight.

End this thing tonight!

I am actually pulling for the Giants overall, Matthew--I'm just enjoying the ALDS games so much that I want to see more of them. And I would like to see a Lincecum-Halladay duel, so that's the upside for me if SF wins tonight.

I'd be very happy if the Giants got a hit sometime tonight.