2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They made it!

What a great, great series. Every game decided by one run. Condolences to Berigan, congratulations to Matthew, Goodspeak, and Giants fans everywhere. Can't wait for the Lincecum-Halladay faceoff.

EDIT: Matthew, I was thinking of you after Wilson walked two in a row... glad he pulled it out.

Edited by ghost of miles

Matthew, here's a pic for you if/when the Giants get on the verge of clinching...

lolcats-finish-him.jpg

Wilson darn sure better close this one out, or he gets a big time Grrr :angry:

It's true: Giant baseball -- Torture!

Of course, Wilson can't make it easy, walking two in the ninth, but all's well that end well. Flat out awesome game one: Lincecum vs. Holladay. Must see tv.

One more titanic throwdown before that occurs--I'll be tuning into Lee vs. Price for sure tomorrow night.

Should be a good one. Momentum's with the Rays now that their offense has awakened a bit and they're back home. Might have taken Longoria a couple of games to get his timing back, I guess. He seems locked in pretty good at the plate now.

But this one will be all about Lee and Price.

Edited by papsrus

Phillies / Giants start Saturday in Philadelphia (thanks for the long wait Bud! You're money as always!). Should be a great series.

It's just so stupid to have that long of a wait.

Why? If there had been a game 5, it would have been played Weds, right? Ok, perhaps Friday then....still, 2 days wouldn't have seemed that bad. When do the Yanks vs. ? game start?

Phillies / Giants start Saturday in Philadelphia (thanks for the long wait Bud! You're money as always!). Should be a great series.

Why? If there had been a game 5, it would have been played Weds, right? Ok, perhaps Friday then....still, 2 days wouldn't have seemed that bad. When do the Yanks vs. ? game start?

I just think baseball should compact these series instead of the staggered stuff we get now. Start all series on the same day, so they end quickly. It's getting as bad as the NBA, for example: between game one and game two in the Phillies series, there was a completely unnecessary off-day. The World Series doesn't end until the first week in November, which is crazy -- can you imagine the weather if it's a Philadelphia / New York World Series? Just from my perspective, the post season could be scheduled in a lot better fashion.

I just think baseball should compact these series instead of the staggered stuff we get now. Start all series on the same day, so they end quickly. It's getting as bad as the NBA, for example: between game one and game two in the Phillies series, there was a completely unnecessary off-day. The World Series doesn't end until the first week in November, which is crazy -- can you imagine the weather if it's a Philadelphia / New York World Series? Just from my perspective, the post season could be scheduled in a lot better fashion.

I just don't think the TV contract would allow that. Toughest in the first round with 4 games. Games would overlap more than they do now.

The greater part of the schedule problem is the fact that TBS broadcasts each division series which forces both the staggered start and extra off-days. If the broadcast rights were shared then there wouldn't be these extra days but then again, you'd have conflicts between broadcasts and you couldn't watch one after the other.

Now, when do pitchers and catchers report?

The greater part of the schedule problem is the fact that TBS broadcasts each division series which forces both the staggered start and extra off-days. If the broadcast rights were shared then there wouldn't be these extra days but then again, you'd have conflicts between broadcasts and you couldn't watch one after the other.

Now, when do pitchers and catchers report?

February 13.

I just don't think the TV contract would allow that. Toughest in the first round with 4 games. Games would overlap more than they do now.

I guess my major problem is that I think Bud Selig is an absolutely terrible Commissioner. He was crap as the owner for the Brewers, always covering his ineptitude by claiming "small market teams can't win," which has been proved total bullstuff. He is crap x2 as the Commissioner, who turned a blind eye at steroids, claiming he had no idea. Continues to let Latin players be totally exploited, despite proof that baseball people made money off "selling" these players, and overall, just sucks at his job. AND what really burns me up!: This complete fool will be elected to the Hall of Fame the first year he retires. What. A. Joke!

Even in 2000 the winner in a max _LDS series typically played 2 days later. I picked 2000 to show I'm not completely living in the '70s. ;) The extra day they've been throwing in-between non-travel games in some series doesn't help matters either. However as baseball has a much looser definition of playable conditions nowadays I can't get all Chicken Little about the danger of inclement weather the further into November we go. Had Bud been Commish in '75 they probably would have played on those rainy days in Boston. Oops, back to the '70s I go! But that wait from the 16th to the 21st for Game 6 was traumatic to the 12 year old me. ;)

They made it!

What a great, great series. Every game decided by one run. Condolences to Berigan, congratulations to Matthew, Goodspeak, and Giants fans everywhere. Can't wait for the Lincecum-Halladay faceoff.

EDIT: Matthew, I was thinking of you after Wilson walked two in a row... glad he pulled it out.

Thanks.

I just hope my guys can hang in against a tough Phillies ballclub.

Boy, that was a really close call on Kinsler there in the top of the 6th... looked to me like he might've been out. Heads-up baserunning by Guerrero, though, for sure. Great game so far. Price goes one more inning, maybe? His pitch count's already over 100, although his velocity still seems to be there. Lee's at 76 pitches after 5 IP.

Lee made it through the 7th and is at 100 pitches.

Real trial by fire for both of these teams tonight--and whoever wins then has two days of rest, which seems ideal to me. The Yankees, otoh, are coming off a relative cakewalk of a series and five days of rest. Even with CC on the mound, I don't like NY's odds for Game 1, no matter whether it's at Tampa Bay or Texas.