2010 MLB Season

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, now it looks like the Yankees are going to the World Series, I don't see them losing to the Rangers.

I dunno, man--Wilson didn't have to pitch tonight and will start Game 1, and like they just said on TBS, NY struggles against lefties and was 1-4 at Arlington Park this year. Plus Cliff Lee will pitch Game 3 at Yankee Stadium and will be on tap for Game 7 in Texas if the series goes that far. I'd say the Yankees better try to win in 6 or they won't win at all.

Anyway, I think this all is just one big battle for the privilege of losing to the Phillies in the WS (though you know I'll be pulling for the Giants in the NLCS!).

Oh well, now it looks like the Yankees are going to the World Series, I don't see them losing to the Rangers.

I dunno, man--Wilson didn't have to pitch tonight and will start Game 1, and like they just said on TBS, NY struggles against lefties and was 1-4 at Arlington Park this year. Plus Cliff Lee will pitch Game 3 at Yankee Stadium and will be on tap for Game 7 in Texas if the series goes that far. I'd say the Yankees better try to win in 6 or they won't win at all.

Anyway, I think this all is just one big battle for the privilege of losing to the Phillies in the WS (though you know I'll be pulling for the Giants in the NLCS!).

Could be right. For Texas to win, Hamilton needs to get his groove back on -- left handed bat, with major power, at Yankee Stadium, (excuse me! New Yankee Stadium) he can cause a lot of damage if he gets hot. What's the over/under for the number of shots of Nolan Ryan? 1,000,000?

Just want to say what a pleasure it is to see this year's Rangers do what they've done how they've done it. Both me and my son (who I made sure got to see Nolan Ryan pitch live and in person, even if I wasn't sure he'd remember it, but he does) were a little moist-eyed.

Rangers vs. Yankees gonna be what it gonna be, but so is Rangers finally getting done what many of us thought we'd never live to see. Sure there's more, and sure there's better, but this right here, all by itself, this is....very nice.

While the sample size for the most part is small, most of the Yanks have had better success vs. Cliff Lee than C.J. Wilson for what it's worth. Jeets is 15 for 36 vs. Lee, Teix 10 for 30, and ARod slugs close to .600 in 22 AB. Bernie hit him great too, though that was some time ago. ;) Few of the Rangers have done well vs. the 4 Yankee starters. However, these are small numbers over time at that. Big Al hasn't dropped by, but lest we forget there's now a Teix vs. Texas thing happening.

Sorry about the loss Paps...sucks to lose all the home games, as this Braves fan knows...kinda hard to win new fans that way...but, glad it was a team like the Rangers, who never have gotten past the first round before.

Your team will let Crawford and Pena go, but they better re-sign Soriano!

and congrats to JSngry and Big Al! Say, where is he? In total shock, and presently resting his nerves? ;)

Get the feeling the biggest fear of tv execs is a Giants-Rangers W.S?

Sorry about the loss Paps...sucks to lose all the home games, as this Braves fan knows...kinda hard to win new fans that way...but, glad it was a team like the Rangers, who never have gotten past the first round before.

and congrats to JSngry and Big Al! Say, where is he? In total shock, and presently resting his nerves? ;)

Get the feeling the biggest fear of tv execs is a Giants-Rangers W.S?

Big Al has issued a statement regarding last night's turn of events on his Facebook page. ^_^

Here's MLB.com's take on how the Yankees and Rangers match up position by position.

Edited by ghost of miles

:D

Crawford's gone, of course. I think Soriano's likely gone, too. Pena hardly had a standout year and could give the old hometown discount.

Fan base is OK, just not eager to pry open the old wallet for ballgames in a crappy park. I think they do quite well as far as TV ratings go, if that's any gauge. And they did pack the place for the playoffs.

I noticed some wide open spaces in the upper decks at Turner Field in their deciding game. I think this attendance thing is more widespread than Tampa-St. Pete. Tampa averaged 23,000; Cincinnati 25,000; San Diego 26,000. All pretty disappointing for teams taking a run at the playoffs all year.

Anyways, as they refer to the offseason round here ... back to the drawing board. :P

:D

Crawford's gone, of course. I think Soriano's likely gone, too. Pena hardly had a standout year and could give the old hometown discount.

Fan base is OK, just not eager to pry open the old wallet for ballgames in a crappy park. I think they do quite well as far as TV ratings go, if that's any gauge. And they did pack the place for the playoffs.

I noticed some wide open spaces in the upper decks at Turner Field in their deciding game. I think this attendance thing is more widespread than Tampa-St. Pete. Tampa averaged 23,000; Cincinnati 25,000; San Diego 26,000. All pretty disappointing for teams taking a run at the playoffs all year.

Anyways, as they refer to the offseason round here ... back to the drawing board. :P

There was a surprising lack of attendance for a lot of teams this year. San Diego has never really cared for the Padres, or any sports team for that matter, usually the games that were loudest were Mets games, with all the transplants yelling for New York. Even the Chargers don't sell out their games. I was very surprised about Cincinnati though, good baseball city, 2011 will probably see a huge increase in Reds attendance.

Edited by Matthew

As I've said before - send him home for the rest of the post season.

AJ has been officially been named game four starter by the Yankees -- good luck on that one, Ghostie, David, and Paul.

I wonder if the Yanks are down in games 3-0 to the Rangers, or even 2-1, if Girardi will stick with A.J. in Game 4. He's not only completely unreliable and frequently simply awful this year, but the batting order is also hurt by having Cervelli in place of Posada. Guess Posada can always DH in place of Berkman or Thames, but that's a bit risky.

As I've said before - send him home for the rest of the post season.

AJ has been officially been named game four starter by the Yankees -- good luck on that one, Ghostie, David, and Paul.

I wonder if the Yanks are down in games 3-0 to the Rangers, or even 2-1, if Girardi will stick with A.J. in Game 4. He's not only completely unreliable and frequently simply awful this year, but the batting order is also hurt by having Cervelli in place of Posada. Guess Posada can always DH in place of Berkman or Thames, but that's a bit risky.

I would say that if AJ winds up starting game four, he will be on a very short leach, especially if the Yankees find themselves down, and if that's the case, I would not be surprised to see CC pitch on three days rest (when's the last time CC has pitched?). Though, the Rangers have yet to show that they can win a game at home. Oh, and I'm sorry Martyjazz for leaving your name off the Organissimo Yankee Fan Clubâ„¢ roll call. ;)