FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

End date 5/21/2010

Press Contact: Beth Fleenor*

The Frank Agency

beth@thefrankagency.org

*CDs, photos, and more information available upon request

REPTET Announce US ‘Agendacide’ Tour

COAST TO COAST RECORD RELEASE TOUR - May 2010

"Reptet places a premium on greasy swing yet plays with a punky irreverence" - Time Out New York

"Part mutant New Orleans brass band, part Sun Ra orchestra and part Skatellites... these guys can be downright awe-inspiring" - Chicago Jazz.com

May 6 Wilmington, DE Mojo 13

May 7 Philadelphia, PA Chris’s Jazz Cafe

May 8 Tivoli, NY The Black Swan

May 9 New York, NY The Local 269

May 10 Brooklyn, NY Rose Live Music

May 12 Cleveland, OH Nighttown

May 13 Grand Rapids, MI Founders

May 14 Three Oaks, MI The Acorn Theatre

May 15 Chicago, IL The Viaduct Theatre

May 16 Madison, WI The Frequency

May 17 Minneapolis, MN Acadia Cafe

May 18 Fargo, ND The Red Raven

May 20 Missoula, MT Top Hat Lounge

May 21 Sandpoint, ID Eichardt’s

For more information please visit www.reptet.com or www.sonicbids.com/reptet

The Band

Fresh off the road from a triumphant spring tour of the west coast, Seattle’s Reptet will be touring the United States in May to promote their new, 7” red vinyl/digital download release entitled, Agendacide (Monktail Records). This will mark their first coast to coast tour after numerous stints on both the east and west coasts of the US and Canada.

Winners of two 2007 Earshot Golden Ear Awards, this genre-bending band is comprised of six multi-instrumentalists who have an expansive approach to music, performing original compositions that incorporate jazz, rock, ska, punk, modern classical, avant garde, eastern European folk and more. Reptet’s live performances have been described as; “arresting, compelling and just plain cranked-up!” with stage shows evolving into transformative performance art pieces using costumes, story telling, dance routines and absurdist humor. Reptet has proven itself to be a unique and utterly enthralling multi-leveled experience, leaving an indelible mark on the memories of their audiences.

Their critically acclaimed 2006 CD release, "Do This" won numerous accolades, appeared on the year-end top-10 lists of many music critics and was chosen the top Record of the Year by Jazziz Magazine's Alex Gelfand. Their 2008 CD, “Chicken or Beef?” was chosen finalist for Jazz Record of the Year by the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards and has been lauded by luminary Simpsons creator, Matt Groening. Their latest vinyl release, Agendacide is accompanied by stunning cover art by the late great illustrator, Jim Flora. It also features a guest appearance by the world-renowned keyboardist Wayne Horvitz on Hammond organ. Reptet will record their next full-length CD in the summer of 2010 and plan to tour Europe and Japan in the fall/winter 2010/2011.

Edited by Johnny E

Can I come record that Fargo show with my new portable disc-cutter? excited.gif

I don't see why not...for a nominal service charge, of course. dirol.gif

Then maybe I'll just sneak a tape recorder into the Chris' gig, and later on I'll release "Reptet--The Secret Sessions." ph34r.gif

Can I come record that Fargo show with my new portable disc-cutter? excited.gif

I don't see why not...for a nominal service charge, of course. dirol.gif

Then maybe I'll just sneak a tape recorder into the Chris' gig, and later on I'll release "Reptet--The Secret Sessions." ph34r.gif

Alright. But I have to warn you. We travel with this guy:

Extreme_Muscle_Man.jpg

His name is ‘Bonehead’ and he handles our merch and runs the door. If he discovers you’re illegally taping the show, he’ll go and flex on ya’….and it won’t be pretty.

Sorry to say we will be away when you play Grand Rapids (I'd love to see you at Founders) but we might be able to catch you in Chicago.

Any member with a chance should see/hear this band.

Well...

the show in Chicago is a going to be kinda special. We are playing with Super Happy Funtime Burlesque. We will open the night with an hour long set and then join the SHFB troop for some full blast irreverent mayhem. It's going to be quite the event. :tophat:

newcast.jpg

Edited by Johnny E

Sorry to say we will be away when you play Grand Rapids (I'd love to see you at Founders) but we might be able to catch you in Chicago.

Any member with a chance should see/hear this band.

Well...

the show in Chicago is a going to be kinda special. We are playing with Super Happy Funtime Burlesque. We will open the night with an hour long set and then join the SHFB troop for some full blast irreverent mayhem. It's going to be quite the event. :tophat:

Hmm. I'd probably come out for that, but I will supposedly be returning from New York very, very late on the 15th (though all air travel is potentially threatened by this Icelandic volcanic activity, so I'll just see closer to the time). If not this time, I'll try to make it the next time you guys come through Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

Great show at Founders in Grand Rapids last night. Corey Ruffin's End Time Orchestra opened the night. Nice people in Grand Rapids...at least the ones who came to see us place and hosted us. It was a high energy kick off to three gigs with Corey's bands, ending with the explosion in Chicago on Saturday.

Remember folks, the Chicago show at The Viaduct Theatre starts kinda last (doors at 10:30) and we hit at 11PM. After that, Reptet will join the Super Happy Funtime Burlesque pit band and things will go from intellectual irreverence to existential erotica pretty quick. There is going to be an after hours loft party with lotsa jammin' and hijinx - but you have to attend the Viaduct show in order to find out the details on that.

It's gonna be faa-un!

Se you there,

-j

This past Wednesday I was fortunate to see Johnny E's Reptet in Cleveland. Whoever said to go see/hear them is absolutely right. What a unique group.....the various styles in their music....wonderful compositions that took full advantage of talented multi instrumentalists who really smoked!....not to mention great Johnny E vocals on what I think was their new single. It was also nice for me to meet and talk a bit to Johnny and two members of the group. It's a pleasure for the audience to hear musicians who obviously, based on their compositions and playing, take their music seriously but have fun at the same time. Goin' to the fish market!