Back home again

Got home about an hour ago. All well. The flight home was pretty good, except I didn't have enough time to buy any duty free tobacco when changing planes in Atlanta - good thing I got some on the flight to USA :D

The whole trip home was fine until I got to Cardiff. A lorry had overturned on the motorway and 8 cars had crashed into it - 3 dead. Complete chaos ensued - it took nearly two hours to do a journey that is usually a relaxed half hour! My missus was caught up in it too, taking the grandsons to karate in Cardiff.

Anyway, have now had two cups of tea made the way Jack Bruce likes it and am feeling properly human again.

A BIG THANK YOU to

Cristiern,

JeffCrom (& Karen)

Jazzbo

Shawn

Clifford Thornton

KH1958

Big Al

Rostasi

JSangry (& LTB)

and all the other guys I met at Jim's BBQ.

You've made that one of the most enjoyable holidays ever!

MG

Enjoyed having you here, Alan. Would that there were more time (days, really...) to get everything in. Another time, hopefully!

That's perversely comical that you got home on-time after all the worry about the volcano, and then get hung-up on the highway on the way home like that. Unbelievable!

(btw - Kristina really digs your haircut. "So charming!" is how she put it. So work that do, bro!)

Great meeting you Alan! Good to hear that you made it back safely

and are not covered in Icelandic ashes. :P

A big thanks to Jim and his family for opening up their doors to us

and letting us wander amongst the pies! :crazy:

LTB's strawberry delight was a hit with Sharon as well!

I brought a camera, but kept it in the car with the idea that

the subject of taking pictures might come up, but we were all talking...

and laughing...and talking...and laughing...

It was 11 - I had to leave - how much longer did you guys go on?

Hope we can do it again!

I think we headed back for FW around 1:30 or 2:00. No later than 2. Mssrs. Andrew Griffin & Greg Waits were the last to go. Mr. Goldberg proved himself no mere civilian in this regard, and is unquestionably "one of us" (not that there was ever even a hint of doubt), a distinction perhaps more dubious than distinguished, but a distinction nevertheless. :g

And yeah, Spillers. I'm gonna be representing the OG with pride now. It's all their fault. The original Bastids!

It's great that you made it back home, safe and sound, and that you had a good stay.

It was, of course, also great that you made my abode one of your stops, but I am sorry that we failed to hook up again, as planned. Blame it, in part, on Papa Bue (whose liner notes I was writing) and on Time-Warner, whose internet connection broke down and silenced my phone.

Can't get over the fact that it took a visitor from Wales to hip me to Senegal in my back yard! Did you shirt up and go there?

Finally, I am sorry that you missed out on my dash of Iceland in a Mason jar. It was here, waiting for you, straight from eyafjallajökull and, thus, more pure than the stuff you can capture from the air above Tonyrefail. :)

AskertilJames-1.jpg

Can't get over the fact that it took a visitor from Wales to hip me to Senegal in my back yard! Did you shirt up and go there?

No - I spent two days looking at the African exhibits in the Museum of Modern Art and the Natural History Museum, neither of which I'd visited before. Also bust a filling in a French restaurant and spent most of a day deciding not to have it fixed until I got home (going on Monday).

Do go sometime, Chris. It's around 116 St.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Petit_Senegal

MG