Miles Davis News

JETman

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure somebody had the OTC box for cheap too...

The Amazon UK pre-release price that I took advantage of was pretty good (about £35 I think).

Just checked... my (later cancelled) Amazon UK order said 44£ (including a bit for shipping, minus, I guess, some taxes).

Went for 50€ (all inclusive, again minus taxes) with Amazon France, instead. Back then that made quite a difference.

The OTC box was offered at a mistakenly low low LOW price by..Jazz LOft, right? And they honored their mistake, right? Is that what happened? Pretty sure that's where/when I got mine.

And yes, great design, but lousy (or at least inadequate) liner notes. That music still hasn't been looked at technically the way it should be as often as it should be. All we get is a bunch of emo "electric jungle" & "Sly meets Stockhausen" and all this and all that, which is as good as far as it goes, and sufficed for a while, but... there's a lot of stuff going on in that music.

I don't think it was Jazz Loft. They sold them for $99 as a presale deal and later had a $90 clearance deal on their remaining stock several months later.

I agree the documentation is lousy. Judging by the size of the booklet it seems as if there were some additional notes intended for the release that got nixed at some point.

I couldn't find a thread about the Miles film that's in the works, but anyway, I saw this interesting bit of info.

Miles film

The movie takes place over a day and a half of his life? Hmmm....I wonder if it'll be the time when he got hit by the cop outside the club. Although if it's going to consist of flashbacks it'll probably be a day and a half later in his life.