Stanley Turrentine ANOTHER STORY 1969

WHY .

HASNT.

THIS.

BEEN.

REISSUED.

#1 sonically: its the best sounding Blue note I'd **EVER** HEARD. at least in the 1960s. OH. MY. GOD.

im only in the first track, this rates up there with my MFSL CRIME OF THE CENTURY...this lp is EPIC

not on liberty 2nd 1970s pressings 3rd et al....

never reisused

i bet you the tape has been missing the whole time, im telling you. why else could it happen

---its also like: HELLO THAD JONES, HAVENT SEEN U SINCE I SAW U AT THE DETROIT NEW YORK JUNCTION, WHY DIDNT U SIDEMAN ON MORE 60s BLUENOTES?!?! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by chewy

Listened to that one a while ago when I was on a Stanley Turrentine listening mood (which happens fairly often).

One of his best date!

My copy 'Liberty/UA 1970' looks better than the one chewy linked <_<

It also bears the Rudy Van Gelder stamp on both sides!

I love Thad Jones' playing, so I always wanted to hear this album someday. Seems I will have to go for the Mosaic ...

Look at it this way. You also get Comin' Your Way, Jubilee Shout, A Chip Off The Old Block, Mr. Natural and In Memory Of (the last 2 never on CD outside the Mosaic, afaik).

I love Thad Jones' playing, so I always wanted to hear this album someday. Seems I will have to go for the Mosaic ...

Look at it this way.  You also get Comin' Your Way, Jubilee Shout, A Chip Off The Old Block, Mr. Natural and In Memory Of (the last 2 never on CD outside the Mosaic, afaik).

Of course, of course ... not that I wanted to complain.

It's only that, if it's such a good album, it would have deserved a single reissue.

This is the one that was on the turntable of mine that got stolen back in 1979 before I actually played it.

Ain't that a bitch?

How did it happen? Never leave your doors open with a rare LP on the turntable ...

Look at it this way.  You also get Comin' Your Way, Jubilee Shout, A Chip Off The Old Block, Mr. Natural and In Memory Of (the last 2 never on CD outside the Mosaic, afaik).

Of course, of course ... not that I wanted to complain.

It's only that, if it's such a good album, it would have deserved a single reissue.

This is the one that was on the turntable of mine that got stolen back in 1979 before I actually played it.

Ain't that a bitch?

How did it happen? Never leave your doors open with a rare LP on the turntable ...

It wasn't rare yet back in 79.

Actually, I do still have the cover. And a good friend provided me with a burn of the album a few years ago. Very nice indeed, and well worth the wait!

Arichewy, if you find my copy, see if you can find my Mark VI alto too...that got lifted as well.

Actually, I do still have the cover. And a good friend provided me with a burn of the album a few years ago. Very nice indeed, and well worth the wait!

Arichewy, if you find my copy, see if you can find my Mark VI alto too...that got lifted as well.

They lifted your horn too? Not cool.