Don't Touch My Records!

mjzee

I dimly remember seeing that movie quite a while ago (hey, Ellen Barkin actually looked - and was - that much younger then ...) and having a good laugh about that scene. Because it strikes a chord with any record collector, though it would be sooo easy to avoid misplacing those beloved items. But of course that would not have made such a nice plot.

In those rare cases where my better half pulls out any of my records even she knows the trick of leaving the adjacent record a few inches out so everything can go back where it (more or less) belongs. Or just leave the record and its cover on the table for me to file it later. No big deal ...

Anyway ... like JSngry said, if you cannot keep track of where your records are with that measly little collection (o.k., it may have been substantial by late 50s standards) then you're done anyway. :D

Now I want to see the movie.

Reads like an entertaining story here (middle-class version upon a theme Ă  la American Graffiti, in a way - my recollections of the entire movie are a bit hazy):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083833/

Though, among that really long list of goofs they missed the incongruity (pointed out in the Youtube comments) that hearing a blues recording released on Chess doesn't quite make sense when visibly a Capitol disc spins on the turntable ... :D

(Thankfully when asking about the flip side of that Little Richard tune, Ellen Barkin is really holding a Specialty 45)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Now I want to see the movie.

Reads like an entertaining story here (middle-class version upon a theme Ă  la American Graffiti, in a way - my recollections of the entire movie are a bit hazy):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083833/

Check out the cast list - this was the first movie for most of them.

I found that film clip after looking for another one from the same movie - a guy's on the fence about proposing to his girlfriend, so he gives her a football quiz - if she gets 65 or over, he proposes.

A few weeks ago my wife moved some of my CDs to make room for a project she was starting in the basement. I was annoyed at first, but seething on the inside for days when I could not find a CD where I thought I had seen it last. I felt like an idiot when I finally realized that I did not even own the CD. Good thing I did not say anything to my wife - that would have been an extremely embarrasing apology.