Merry Xmas, Happy New Year and Winter Solstice Joys

It's a little bit of a strange Christmas Eve. We've been visiting relatives in Germany - the plan was to fly back to Atlanta today and spend Christmas with my father and siblings. As it is, our flight was canceled, and we're stuck in a hotel near the Frankfurt airport. The airline has apparently booked the entire hotel, so all of the "guests" are sharing the same odd, Purgatory-like existence. The rooms are decent, although plain, and we are fed a very plain meal three times a day - sorry, no refills on the Coke. But my wife and I are together, and I've got plenty of music on my iPod. So Merry Christmas, all!

So this is Christmas, and what have you done?

I've done grown quite sick of that song as well as his bandmate's little Christmas ditty. Despite that, Merry Christmas everyone! The Savior is born!

John's Christmas song is one of the best written. But "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" is one of the worst.

Merry Christmas everyone! Very likely there was no historical Jesus! And if there was, he wasn't born on December 25th! So nuts to your Savior!

John's Christmas song is one of the best written. But "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" is one of the worst.

One of the best written? That's certainly debatable. I'm glad that you enjoy it.

Very likely there was no historical Jesus! And if there was, he wasn't born on December 25th! So nuts to your Savior!

There was and is a historical Jesus! He wasn't born the 25th of December but it's when his birth is observed. He's your Savior too! I hope you come to see that some day. Merry Christmas to you and to all.

One of the best written? That's certainly debatable. I'm glad that you enjoy it.

Very likely there was no historical Jesus! And if there was, he wasn't born on December 25th! So nuts to your Savior!

There was and is a historical Jesus! He wasn't born the 25th of December but it's when his birth is observed. He's your Savior too! I hope you come to see that some day. Merry Christmas to you and to all.

Sorry...even if I was religiously inclined, I'd be Jewish, so I'd have no use for Jesus either way.