Mosaic boxes on Youtube

Pete B

Nothing earth-shattering, but fun to watch PRE on Youtube

Apparently Princeton Record Exchange purchased a large collection of Mosaics. I lucked into the Sidney Bechet Complete Blue Note for $39.99 today, but few others were bargain priced. They had Beneditti Parker for $49.99, and Don Cherry for $49.99 but the rest were closer to (or higher than) what I see on Ebay.

Edited by Pete B

"For those of you who don't know (including, apparently, the narrator) Mosaic was founded in 1983 by Michael Cuscano". You gotta love that.

Yep, noticed that too, and once again co-founder Charlie Lourie wasn't mentioned...

The narrator also said that Mosaic put out about 150 sets (the big ones), while the actual number is 248 up to today.

"For those of you who don't know (including, apparently, the narrator) Mosaic was founded in 1983 by Michael Cuscano". You gotta love that.

Yep, noticed that too, and once again co-founder Charlie Lourie wasn't mentioned...

The narrator also said that Mosaic put out about 150 sets (the big ones), while the actual number is 248 up to today.

But the Monk Blue Note was #101, so #248 is actually the 148th.

But the Monk Blue Note was #101, so #248 is actually the 148th.

Yep, my mistake, you and the narrator are right.

Interesting way to advertise. I never found them that cheap (I live about an hour away) but it might be worth going down there to take a look anyway.

Don't make the drive based on my good luck. Most of the prices were comparable to those that I see on Ebay. The Art Blakey on vinyl topped out what I saw at $349! Some of the sets pictured are gone, i.e. the Commmodores Vol 1. I spotted the Bechet on the counter with a stack of other Mosaic titles as I was checking out (I guess they hadn't set it out in the bins yet) and asked the price out of curiosity - I just got lucky. The other sets in the stack were not bargains IMO. Of course, if you love crate digging I can't think of a better spot. If you know of any, please share!

No Mail order! Got off the phone with them this morning, I understand wanting to sell to your local customer base, but I was ready to spend some CASH! mad.gif

$100 for Jimmy Giuffre, $100 for Lou Donaldson, $150 for Elvin Jones, and $250 for Serge Chaloff CD sets. Wonder how he came up with those prices... huh.gif

Not my favorite people to deal with as I alluded to.