Pepper Adams

I have Ephemera on CD. Stereo sound quality is excellent.

Recorded in London, 1973. Pepper Adams, Roland Hanna (p), George Mraz (b), Mel Lewis (d).

Email me at hershia@cfl.rr.com for more details.

I was unaware that Ephemera had been issued on CD. What label did it appear on?

http://www.freep.com/article/20110313/ENT04/103130385/1039/ENT04/Pepper-Adams-gets-his-due-2-new-albums

Apologies for temporarily hijacking this thread, but I just wanted to point out an interesting multi-disc recording project focused on Pepper Adams' compositions that's being produced by Gary Carner, an Adams champion and in-progress biographer. (His website, pepperadams.com, has lots of great stuff, including a detailed chronology of Adams' life and career.) The link above takes you to a recent review of the first two in the series, which are really nice records and happen to cover four of the compositions on "Ephemera."

Now back to your regularly scheduled program ...

Edited by Mark Stryker

Actually, you are not hikacking at all. My question is directly related to Gary's project. A friend of mine is trying to organize a Pepper tribute in D.C. so I am gathering recordings of the 43 compositions inventoried by Gary. That's why I was looking for Ephemera. I have two of the three titles Gary has issued so far, but I'd also like to get as many of Pepper's original interpretations as I can. I can tell that some will be tricky to come by.

The Frank Basile and Jeremy Kahn/Gary Smulyan are highly recommended; great music indeed. I will get the trio 'record' soon.

Bertrand.