2011 MLB Season

Hope we can put some wins up against the ChiSox & KC, because we ain't ready for Philly, not this offense at this time, no way.

That didn't happen to the extent hoped for, and this offense is even more crippled now, but a 3-2 loss to Halladay with this lineup...come see us in November, maybe. Or not.

Either way, Hamilton & Cruz set to come back on Monday. Still no relief in sight for the bullpen (no pun intended), but one piece at a time...

Lewis vs Lee tomorrow. Here's hoping for the pitcher's duel it ought to be.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grady Sizemore and Travis Hafner now on the shelf. Challenging phase of schedule for Tribe coming up (CIN, BOS, @TB, @TOR, TEX).

Nice rally tonight in a game that they did not really deserve to win--rookie starter Alex White lasted only 3 innings due to ineffectiveness and soreness in his middle finger [wonder how that happened?], 3 errors, no hit into the 6th. After a two-out triple by Shin-Soo Choo in the 8th, Reds intentionally walk Carlos Santana in order to face Shelley Duncan. Ezekial Carrera, just called up to replace Hafner, pinch hits, and drag bunts the first pitch he sees as a major leaguer for the go ahead run. Last six Tribe wins at home have come in last at bat.

Better to be lucky than good. Best to be lucky and good. Hopefully the Tribe will continue to be both!

Dillon Gee may be a no-name but since he came up at the tail end of last year, all he has done is keep the Mets in the game and win almost all of the games he starts. I don't think he's had more than one bad starts. He's earned the right to be here.

I think you and I might deserve to be there given the Amazin's pitching woes. I'm 62, but I still throw a decent knuckler and I'm pretty sure that with a little work. I could get my curve ball in shape.

Maybe you could Dave. Highschool JV was as far as I got :D

Amazingly, the Amazins have made it to 500. After they lost Ike Davis and Wright, I figured, well, nice try. But they're scrappy. However, scrappy will only get you so far. Good pitching, which they're getting right now, will. Shades of the 65 Dodgers (not that they're anything remotely in that class).

Yeah, you guys keep handling those A's, please!

And Braves, y'all gotta do better in Anaheim. C'mon now!

Signed,

Desperate in Dallas

It's a"local" thing for us, you know, Battle of the Bay and all that.

But I'll keep cheering my guys on for you, OK? :g

We need it right now...I already hear the Phils going to the broom closet...

No room for mistakes when Cliff Lee shows this form, and Colby made two. Lee made none, and there you have it.

C'mon Giants, c'mon Braves. Hell, c'mon Monday.

Edited by JSngry

Josh Tomlin!!!

atta (unheralded, soft-throwing) kid!

now 6-1 after 7IP 1ER against the Reds, outdueling Homer Bailey. Tomlin now leads the majors with a WHIP of 0.82, ahead of Haren, Ogando, Verlander, Beckett, Weaver, Halladay, etc. Only loss thus far has been a 3-1 decision against Cahill and the A's.

At 28-15, Cleveland is the only team in the American League right now with anything resembling a dominating W-L record.

In that same vein, the AL East continues to be a real logjam. Assuming Chicago holds on to their miraculous turnaround lead against Boston, the standings will look like this at the end of the night:

New York Yankees 24 20 .545 --

Tampa Bay Rays 25 21 .543 --

Boston Red Sox 24 21 .533 0.5

Toronto Blue Jays 23 22 .511 1.5

Baltimore Orioles 20 24 .455 4.0

Edited by ghost of miles

Nine outs from first place and they totally piss away the game in the most embarrassing and pathetic way possible, three errors, eight runs.

Their only hope to win the series now is

A) the impossible dream that not being familiar with Wakefield will give him an edge

B) No Matt Garza to deal with, who would otherwise surely continue the domination he had when he was with the Rays.

But that game is one of those that you have to remember if they miss out on the playoffs by a game. And given the way these teams are playing, that's quite possible, that someone will miss out by a game.

Since the rainouts at Cleveland the Mariners have allowed 6 runs over 6 games and have managed to win 5 of them. Last year's model of "pitching & defense" has worked well for a week. It feels sort of like I'm a fan of the '69 Mets except that Smoak & Ichiro are better than anything that team had. ;)

In last place and 3 games under .500, but who 'effin' cares, just 1.5 out of 1st!

Rangers fans, Matt Harrison, yet another gift from the Braves! You are quite welcome! :P

Thank+you+again.jpg

Nice to be able to pull this one back up again!

Oswalt was more gettable than we got to him, but Harry hung tight for 8 & Neffy came in and dealt (something about the way he's carrying himself still doesn't look right to me, though, he seems to have some kind of a burden on him or something), so hey, all is well today.

The starters have been going real well lately, Hamilton & Cruz are set to return, light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it ain't the train of a continuingly dysfunctional bullpen.

Well, Jim....my guys pulled off a stunning win today to complete the sweep of the A's for your team. :tup:g

Even better news: They arrested the Dodger thug who beat then caused brain damage to that father of two young kids. His parole officer ratted him out. I hope they throw the book at him, the fucking bastard son-of-a-bitch.

Dodger thug arrested

Edited by GoodSpeak

Not to put too much pressure on the youngsters on the roster, but the Indians are on pace to win 107 games, and if they only go .500 the rest of the way they're at 87-88 wins. So just do a bit better than .500 and they ought to end up with 90 wins or so and a division crown, right? Barring a collapse, can anyone catch up with them?

Like I said, not to put too much pressure on them.