YourMusic.com is dead.

mikelz777

Just got this email:

Please read this email carefully. It contains important information about your subscription.

This is to let you know that yourmusic.com will close on June 29, 2011. Here's some important information regarding your current subscription:

Your Queue will shut down on June 29, 2011. We will not ship any selections scheduled for shipment after that date. If you would like to purchase items in your Queue scheduled to ship after June 29, please move them to your Cart and purchase them before June 29.

You will be able to shop at yourmusic.com through June 29, 2011. Watch your mailbox for exciting sales and special offers in the coming weeks! Please note that supplies of certain titles may be limited.

Your credit card will not be charged monthly after June 29, 2011.

You'll have through June 29, 2011 to redeem certificates or free CDs you've earned.

Remember, you can still shop online at yourmusic.com and take advantage of our great closing sales until June 29, 2011. Please make sure you have signed up to receive emails from us here, so you won't miss out on special offers and important updates.

Your savings don't need to come to an end, though. Please visit booksonline.com, where you'll find amazing deals on your favorite books, DVDs, Blu-Ray™ discs, music and more when you join one of our popular book or DVD clubs.

If you have any questions, you can email us at cs1@yourmusic.com.

Thanks for being a yourmusic subscriber!

yourmusic.com

I'll probably pick through the bones of what's left of their catalog to see if there's anything worth picking up should they go into a deep discount mode to clear inventory. I had a hard time finding anything when they had a recent 30% off sale.

I checked out booksonline.com that was mentioned in the email. They said that music was among the things where you could find "amazing" deals when you visit the web site. Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any music there.

Sheet music?

:rhappy: (not really sure what this emoticon is, but it seemed apropos.)

Edited by Chicago Expat

For me, there's nothing left that I gotta have, but I've purchased a lot from them (and BMG) over the years. I may be able to scrape up a few titles if the deals get even better. Even $4.99 is enticing. Weren't they in the $2-$3.00 range at the end when BMG went out of business?

Edited by mikelz777

They had Jason Moran's "Ten", Garbarek's "Dresden" and TBP's latest, can't remember what it was called, like "Don't Stop" or something. That's about the only new jazz of note I can remember hitting in the last six months.

Other than that, they got some more Verve Originals during that stretch, too, though I unsure what kind of appeal they have to listeners.

I do miss BMG. I used to take advantage of those sales where it was something like buy one at regular price, get two free, and every other album 90% off. We would pick up enough cds (like 40 or more) to get our effective price down to two dollars and change. Those were the days.

Edited by Chicago Expat

4.99 is good, but is there anything left of interest?

Someone could get Chewy a copy of Money Jungle. :w

edit - Or was it SoulStation who needed it? I think that's how it went. I've forgotten my important organissimo forum history!

Edited by Quincy

I got the same message, ejp626. The last time I tried to join Columbia House DVD Club, they wouldn't let me in even though they invited me! I guess they remember me from the old Columbia House music club, when I must have quit and rejoined with two accounts about ten times each. :winky: