Grooves-Inc

many here used it for the first batch of Black Saint/Soul Note Boxes which they had at a great price... always worked fine for me...

btw they also have great prices on those new (not yet available) Impulse Twofers

http://www.grooves-inc.co.uk/sanders-pharoah-village-the-pha-impulse-cd-album-pZZa1-1862622862.html?osCsid=515ced3105f928b35c27679ac4b5a4dc

Edited by Niko

I've been using grooves-inc for the past 3 years & am very happy with them (also bought the Black Saint/Soul Note boxes from here)

Free shipping for orders over 20 euros - makes a big difference for us here in Australia

If you're interested in Dragon CD's IMHO the best place to get these from is Border Music http://www.border.se

Have been slowly accumulating all of the great Lars Gullin's music for the label (plus Arne Domnerus, Bengt Hallberg, Rolf Ericson)

This Swedish website ships overseas - have made a few orders with them over the past year - the website can be a bit dodgy & I've had to personally deal with staff (ironing out international shipping bugs). I'm landing Dragon Cd's for Aus$13 to $15 each - excellent price!!

Will need to check out Eje Thelin (havn't heard his music before)

Their free shipping worldwide is rather crazy!

I wish there'd be some US vendors with such a policy!

I've been mostly happy with them, but it happens that they offer some newish discs that they might not be able to obtain (happened to me with the Japanese reissue of "Cu-Bop", which I've now ordered elsewhere). If you accept that as a possibility (it happened to me two or three times over two or three dozen orders - and I was going for a lot of obscure stuff).

Anyway, they're recommended, for sure!

Also I think they are always helping customers save taxes etc. by mailing larger orders in several packages (I usually get each disc in a separate mailer, I might have three of their typical red padded bags in the mail the same day... no taxes for me anyway though, as I live in Switzerland, of course.)

addition: I've ordered some of the Gullin Dragons, they took a while to arrive (they may even take a while to confirm, but that's better than some other vendors who confirm everything right away only to cancel two weeks later), but I got all I wanted - so I guess they do really carry Dragon.

Grooves-inc has worked well for me too. Quick despatch, competitive pricing (Black saint boxes again) etc

Add me to the satisfied chorus...

Do they have any of the most recent batch of BS/SN boxes?

I've checked a few times without success.

Grooves-inc isn't listing the new BS/SN boxes yet. (I may go back and the the Rava and/or Motian boxes from them -- their prices still seem pretty good.)

Amongst the new boxes, is anyone familiar with the discs on the Braxton set? I think I only have one of them.

The Steve Lacy Soul Notes that I have are pretty good. I probably have too many of the individual titles for me to consider getting the new set.

Edited by alankin