38% of beer to be withdrawn from Minnesota

There was a snafu regarding MillerCoors' renewing its licenses before a deadline, and the state govt is claiming that it must stop selling these brands:

Blue Moon Pale Moon Belgian Style Pale Ale, Coors Banquet, Coors Light, Coors Light 3.2, Foster's Lager Beer, Foster's Premium Ale, Grolsch Amber Ale, Grolsch Blonde Lager, Grolsch Light Lager, Grolsch Premium Lager, Hamm's, Hamm's Genuine Draft Style, Hamm's Special Light, Henry Weinhard's Dark, Henry Weinhard's Hefeweizen, Henry Weinhard's Pale Ale, Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve, Icehouse Beer, Keystone Light Beer 3.2, Killians Irish Red 3.2, MGD Light 64, Mickey's Ice Ale, Mickey's Malt Liquor, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller High Life 12/16 oz can, Miller High Life Ice, Miller High Life Light 12 oz can, Miller Lite 3.2%, Miller Lite Beer, Milwaukee's Best #1 , Milwaukee's Best Ice, Milwaukee's Best Light #1 3.2, Molson Canadian, Molson Canadian Light, Molson Golden, Molson Ice, Molson XXX, Olde English 800 Malt Liquor, Sparks Light

http://www.startribune.com/politics/blogs/125490398.html

There was a snafu regarding MillerCoors' renewing its licenses before a deadline, and the state govt is claiming that it must stop selling these brands:

Blue Moon Pale Moon Belgian Style Pale Ale, Coors Banquet, Coors Light, Coors Light 3.2, Foster's Lager Beer, Foster's Premium Ale, Grolsch Amber Ale, Grolsch Blonde Lager, Grolsch Light Lager, Grolsch Premium Lager, Hamm's, Hamm's Genuine Draft Style, Hamm's Special Light, Henry Weinhard's Dark, Henry Weinhard's Hefeweizen, Henry Weinhard's Pale Ale, Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve, Icehouse Beer, Keystone Light Beer 3.2, Killians Irish Red 3.2, MGD Light 64, Mickey's Ice Ale, Mickey's Malt Liquor, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller High Life 12/16 oz can, Miller High Life Ice, Miller High Life Light 12 oz can, Miller Lite 3.2%, Miller Lite Beer, Milwaukee's Best #1 , Milwaukee's Best Ice, Milwaukee's Best Light #1 3.2, Molson Canadian, Molson Canadian Light, Molson Golden, Molson Ice, Molson XXX, Olde English 800 Malt Liquor, Sparks Light

http://www.startribune.com/politics/blogs/125490398.html

Lucky them. :) About the only one of these that I sip occasionally is the Blue Moon Belgian White. Most of the others would never make it into my shopping cart. I used to drink Foster's Lager until they started making it in Canada (while prominently displaying "IMPORTED" all over the can).

Kevin, I'm with you, but I won't object to a Grolsch.

Jim, I was thinking the same thing. If the govt is shut down and unable to process their renewal, why is it up and running to enforce the renewal law?

Usually core functions, particularly police functions and running state-owned hospitals, keep on even during a shut-down. Schools usually remain open, though they will probably not get their state funding in the meantime.

But the license-granting agencies (and parks) will be closed. Inspectors, like tax inspectors, are somewhere in between, and I don't know the situation in Minn. But if this license lapse is deemed to be enforceable by the police, then it probably isn't worth taking the risk...

Edited by ejp626

Yep. It was Coors. Some relative of a friend brought back a couple of cases around '74 when I was still in high school in Georgia; I tried a can and thought it was pretty good. The key point being, of course, that I'd never actually had beer before. A couple of years later, when I discovered that even PBR was better, I quit thinking of that as my First Beer...

Yep. It was Coors. Some relative of a friend brought back a couple of cases around '74 when I was still in high school in Georgia; I tried a can and thought it was pretty good. The key point being, of course, that I'd never actually had beer before. A couple of years later, when I discovered that even PBR was better, I quit thinking of that as my First Beer...

that same sort of thing applies in ohio to yuengling. yuengling is not sold in ohio.

the drivethru clerk excitely proclaimed yesterday that "yuengling is coming to ohio."

keep it in penn. i'd rather have an iron city.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g8CWGPvyfQflY5JPXC5lrVu0iCQw?docId=249f1e272e814438bfb8d77403a17c39

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota's Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton offered major concessions Thursday in a bid to end a government shutdown, dropping his pursuit of tax hikes to say he was willing to accept — with conditions— a Republican proposal made before the state closed for business two weeks ago.

Dayton said Republicans must drop a list of policy changes and a plan to reduce the state workforce by 15 percent. In exchange, he would sign off on their proposal that would raise $1.4 billion, half by delaying state aid checks to school districts and the other half by selling tobacco payment bonds.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5g8CWGPvyfQflY5JPXC5lrVu0iCQw?docId=249f1e272e814438bfb8d77403a17c39

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota's Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton offered major concessions Thursday in a bid to end a government shutdown, dropping his pursuit of tax hikes to say he was willing to accept — with conditions— a Republican proposal made before the state closed for business two weeks ago.

Dayton said Republicans must drop a list of policy changes and a plan to reduce the state workforce by 15 percent. In exchange, he would sign off on their proposal that would raise $1.4 billion, half by delaying state aid checks to school districts and the other half by selling tobacco payment bonds.

What is he drinking?

What is he drinking?

Bitter tears.

state aid checks to school districts

Geez, for clarity's sake, I DO wish you 'Murcans would adopt the spelling of "cheques"... :rolleyes:

What is he drinking?

Bitter tears.

Tastes like Coors Lite?

http://www.startribu.../125490398.html

Lucky them. :) About the only one of these that I sip occasionally is the Blue Moon Belgian White. Most of the others would never make it into my shopping cart. I used to drink Foster's Lager until they started making it in Canada (while prominently displaying "IMPORTED" all over the can).

amen, brother b.