Unnecessary Filing-Related Heart Attacks

JSngry

Maybe that was why I instinctively filed it under James Clay right at the start - I anticipated wanting to hear this at sometime in the future but never think to look under Marable's name.

I've not had filing-related heart attacks but I have gone nuts trying to remember certain unrelated two-fers some trade partners hit me with in the past. That's a real hard filing question and inevitably you either want to hear the second set and can't find it, or end up looking to buy it because you don't even remember that you had it in the first place. :wacko:

And of course I never considered the obvious solution: If the sets are so different, make separate burns yourself.

I cannot find my 'Legend: Bob Marley' anthology, for years my one reggae album. As a result it's never had a category of it's own. Bought a few reggae albums of late and want to get it into the new section. But it could be anywhere - pop/rock, World Music (Latin America) etc! This will worry me all summer.

I remember once looking for a Blind Lemon Jefferson album. There was a hole in the section, right where the CD was supposed to be, but the CD wasn't there. I looked through all of the discs I had out (I keep a pile of "to listen" CDs on one of the speakers at all time), but it wasn't among them. I began to have paranoid fantasies that someone had actually stolen it, before I decided to methodically go through my entire collection - disc by disc - to make sure that it hadn't been misfiled. Sure enough, there it was...in the 'L's...under "Lemon" rather than in the 'J's under "Jefferson." A completely wasted afternoon. But at least I found it!

Your mistake is in filing alphabetically by the "leader's" name. I file everything under the bass player's name. (Okay, some small problems with the Double Quartets and some Trane dates...)

Don't you guys have your collections in iTunes yet? If you don't find it by artist, you can look by album title, then track titles. You can find anything in seconds.

Where's the fun in that? It's all about 'The Hunt'.

So, would that be filed under Dex or Wardell?

And don't get me started on how Record Stores file things.

Edited by Unk

If the sets are so different, make separate burns yourself.

It's a comm0on-sense attitude like that that has prevented you from getting a gig at Collectables!

Those sadistic bastards create filing NIGHTMARES.

090431661727.jpg

The horror! The HORROR!