Is There Anything Worse Than A Smart Mouse?

zQLMZ.gif?1308596745

Awesome gif. Reminds me of my last cat, Mr. P. C.

Can't take any credit for it, it's a recurring posting at Lone Star Ball, the Rangers blog where I lurk (will never join that group, they're more than just a little crazy, and make this group look sane and sedate!),so I've stolen it for use here, but yeah, waaay cool. Everything there is to like about cats all rolled into one.

I thought this thread was going to be about a new Apple product that wasn't worth buying....

There is no such thing.

Yes, Kevin, a box full of deceased mice is not something I like to think about either. Perhaps the DeLuxe model has a built-in Paco Rabanne dispenser (and a more elegant staircase).

Or

Have it come with four disposable mouseleum-approved body containers.

It's interesting to note that all the solutions offered thus far focus on exterminating the mice in the house, rather than identifying how they got in there in the first place. How Mickey managed to get inside the bread drawer is another (rather unsavory) matter altogether. Since mice are mice and you've lived in that house for some years now, the fact that this is a fairly recent problem suggests there is a fairly new entrance into Casa de Bresnahan. I recommend locating and sealing it (or them), and you probably won't have to worry about how to kill the mice.

One more thing: a properly baited spring-loaded trap is more humane than a glue trap. Consider this:

A 1983 test that evaluated the effectiveness of glue traps found that trapped mice struggling to free themselves would pull out their own hair, exposing bare, raw areas of skin. The mice broke or even bit off their own legs, and the glue caused their eyes to become badly irritated and scarred. After three to five hours in the glue traps, the mice defecated and urinated heavily because of their severe stress and fear, and quickly became covered with their own excrement. Animals whose faces become stuck in the glue slowly suffocate, and all trapped animals are subject to starvation and dehydration. It takes anywhere from three to five days for the mouse to finally die. This is nothing less than torture.

The staircase is simply irresistible, and batteries are included.....

http://www.amazon.co...ref=ent_fb_link

When we removed my mother's household after her passing, an electrician friend examined an old fusebox in a small storage chamber. It was open on both ends. When he removed the cover, there were half a dozen mouse mummies inside. They had gone for the groceries in the chamber, and when my mother turned on the light to get something, they tried to hide inside that fuse box on the wall and electrocuted themselves. And she always wondered about tzhe strange smell inside the chamber and why the fuses melted so often ....

One more thing: a properly baited spring-loaded trap is more humane than a glue trap. Consider this:

A 1983 test that evaluated the effectiveness of glue traps found that trapped mice struggling to free themselves would pull out their own hair, exposing bare, raw areas of skin. The mice broke or even bit off their own legs, and the glue caused their eyes to become badly irritated and scarred. After three to five hours in the glue traps, the mice defecated and urinated heavily because of their severe stress and fear, and quickly became covered with their own excrement. Animals whose faces become stuck in the glue slowly suffocate, and all trapped animals are subject to starvation and dehydration. It takes anywhere from three to five days for the mouse to finally die. This is nothing less than torture.

Seeing a mouse struggling on a glue trap once was enough to convince me to never use the things.