Andy Rooney is retiring from 60 Minutes

Either Mickey or Art, I forget which, and I'm not sure but that his obsession with obfuscating the truth is not the reason for that.

so far, can't find any info on those two, but then again it could be they are 3rd cousins or something...from the absolute best source for the truth, Wiki....

His wife, Marguerite "Margie" Rooney (née Howard), died in 2004 of heart failure, after 62 years of marriage. Rooney later wrote, "her name does not appear as often as it originally did [in my essays] because it hurts too much to write it."[31] He has four children, including a daughter, Emily Rooney, who is a TV talk show host and former ABC News producer; she currently hosts a nightly Boston-area public affairs program, Greater Boston, on WGBH. Emily's identical twin, Martha, is Chief of the Public Services Division at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland. The third daughter, Ellen, is a photographer based in London. His son, Brian Rooney, has been a correspondent for ABC since the 1980s.

Rooney currently lives in the Rowayton section of Norwalk, Connecticut[32] and in Rensselaerville, New York,[33] and is a longtime season ticket holder for the New York Giants.[34]

[edit] Awards

His wife, Marguerite "Margie" Rooney (née Howard), died in 2004 of heart failure, after 62 years of marriage. Rooney later wrote, "her name does not appear as often as it originally did [in my essays] because it hurts too much to write it."

That's a devastating insight.

I haven't watched 60 Minutes in the past 15 years like I used to so I haven't seen much of Rooney during this time. The few times I did it was a mixed affair, but even those that fell flat I liked that he still had his spot. Even in his highly insensitive moments such as complaining about the coverage of Kurt Cobain's suicide I could see why one could have that perspective. TV tends to favor the "youth culture" and he's anything but. If you take the average of Andy & Justin it's middle age but it's still older than me. ;)

Either Mickey or Art, I forget which, and I'm not sure but that his obsession with obfuscating the truth is not the reason for that.

so far, can't find any info on those two, but then again it could be they are 3rd cousins or something...from the absolute best source for the truth, Wiki....

His wife, Marguerite "Margie" Rooney (née Howard), died in 2004 of heart failure, after 62 years of marriage. Rooney later wrote, "her name does not appear as often as it originally did [in my essays] because it hurts too much to write it."[31] He has four children, including a daughter, Emily Rooney, who is a TV talk show host and former ABC News producer; she currently hosts a nightly Boston-area public affairs program, Greater Boston, on WGBH. Emily's identical twin, Martha, is Chief of the Public Services Division at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland. The third daughter, Ellen, is a photographer based in London. His son, Brian Rooney, has been a correspondent for ABC since the 1980s.

Rooney currently lives in the Rowayton section of Norwalk, Connecticut[32] and in Rensselaerville, New York,[33] and is a longtime season ticket holder for the New York Giants.[34]

[edit] Awards

thanks for helping me to remember that it's Emily Rooney (not Anne). she's been a significant part of quality tv in Boston for many years.

Never had much sense of him one way or another. When I was a regular viewer of 60 Minutes, I generally enjoyed his curmudgeonly, fish out of water pieces at the end of every show. I thought he had a fairly keen sense of irony and the absurdity of everyday life and the human condition. One thing for sure, with him goes the last remaining link to the world of the Paleys the Murrows, the Cronkites and the mothership/monolith that was the Columbia Broadcasting System.