How's the Weather

Going to work shortly. The weatherman is calling for upwards of a foot or possibly more of snow beginning midday! :angry: !

On lunch break right now and the snow is coming down hard. This sucks. :tdown

My Mother sent me an email and said it's snowing in West Virginia today as well, looks like winter is starting early back east.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Bitterly cold last few days but virtually no moisture.

We're assured snow today - the first this winter.

My area has it arriving at 3.00 pm, white-out by 6.00 pm.

Let's see...

Ehhhmm ... just out of sheer curiosity: What would be "bitterly cold" in your neck of the woods? ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

Bitterly cold last few days but virtually no moisture.

We're assured snow today - the first this winter.

My area has it arriving at 3.00 pm, white-out by 6.00 pm.

Let's see...

Ehhhmm ... just out of sheer curiosity: What would be "bitterly cold" in your neck of the woods? ;)

You know me...a fundamentalist relativist!

It won't get like the Ukraine!

Edited by A Lark Ascending

First flurries at 2.35.

Now coming down more seriously (4.10) and settling.

This is an east/west thing. Left Southport at 2p.m. where it was raining (was there to hear the Brandon Allen Sextet); by the time I'd reached Wigan it had turned to snow. Wife is in London for the day; hope she makes it back!

First flurries at 2.35.

Now coming down more seriously (4.10) and settling.

This is an east/west thing. Left Southport at 2p.m. where it was raining (was there to hear the Brandon Allen Sextet); by the time I'd reached Wigan it had turned to snow. Wife is in London for the day; hope she makes it back!

No snow here in downtown Cornwall. Had our first frosts of the winter this week.

Snowfall out here yesterday afternoon. Damn freezing too :o . Looks like it's warming up a bit and starting to thaw out this morning though.

Wife is in London for the day; hope she makes it back!

I have to head out there tomorrow. Hope the trains are running otherwise I'm scuppered !

Edited by sidewinder

Snowfall out here yesterday afternoon. Damn freezing too :o . Looks like it's warming up a bit and starting to thaw out this morning though.

Wife is in London for the day; hope she makes it back!

I have to head out there tomorrow. Hope the trains are running otherwise I'm scuppered !

Haven't heard of any train problems in your area. There are problems on the West Coast main line this weekend - but because of a derailment at Bletchley on Friday.

Hope the trip in the car this evening to Southport to see the Greg Abate/Jim Rotundi quintet isn't blighted by freezing fog, which we have at the moment. :(

• 2 months later...

Maybe the flying18-wheelers collected all the bad mojo out of the it, because we've had beautiful weather nonstop ever since. Days in the mid-70s (at most), nice breezes all day, warm but not hot sunshine, birds singing happy songs all day, that kind of thing.

Whenever the inevitable Summer Hell gets here, it will be too soon.