Hot Stove Thread 2011-2012

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus! As in why would you trade a pitcher who thru age 22 comps with Holladay, Beckett & Jack McDowell for a guy who went from being the Yankees catcher of the next 15 years to now he's "another 1b/DH type." What the hell happened to the catching part? The M's already have 2 young 1b/DH types. Oh sure, it's Jesus, but they could have had him last year for Cliff Lee. I'd rather have a Yogi than Jesus.

On the "bright" side one of the Pineda comps is Scorpio Spinks. :lol:

Edited by Quincy

I think...I don't know what to think. It seems like a worthwhile risk, though. But like all risks...you don't know if it was a good one until it's too late to do anything about it. But hell, you read about his skill set & work ethic, and you look at his actual pitching, and you think that this guy is not like other Japanese pitchers who have come to America.

El tiempo lo dira, no?

I do like the way the organization is willing to invest in talent. I like that very much. Not sure if I'm going to like being one of those "moneywhipping" teams or not. Do not want to end up like that, no sir. But Yu for six years vs C.J Wilson for six, you're getting younger and at least as good raw talent, if not better. Sentimentality aside, it's a risk I'd take, especially with Them Maddux Boys in tow.

I'd like Prince Fielder to come here as well...let's see what happens there.

Yu Darvish to the Rangers... whaddaya think, Jsngry?

The $60 million dollar man. (Actually, the $111 million dollar man if you take the transfer fee into account). Here's ESPN's Buster Olney on the signing and Darvish's prospects for making an impact this season.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/7476104/texas-rangers-sign-japanese-pitcher-yu-darvish-deal-player-option-sixth-season

Tim Lincecum is asking for crazy money in SF to the tune of $21.5 million dollars. :o

Giants ace Lincecum asks for $21.5 million

And he'll probably get it. After all, Lincecum and his TWO Cy Youngs has got to be worth at least twice what Kuroda's getting from the SCHTEINBRENNERS.

We Giants fans are just a little gun shy thanks to Barry Zito. Ugh.

The Tigers get Prince Fielder @ 9 years & $214,000,000.00...

I like Fielder a lot, but 9 years, with his body type? Don't know how good of an investment that is past the first 3 or 4 years. But never underestimate the wiles of Scott Boras...

Mitch Moreland coming back from that wrist injury that nobody knew about until the off-season is looking better all the time.

Hell, it's gonna have to! :g