Hank's new record- its own thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres a redd foxx-hank mobley connection? why would the mc be the one to hire the band? thanks for finding that, thats amazing. i actually didnt know foxx was back east, i thought he was LA through and through, w/ all his early dooto stuff, etc....

did anyone who preordered w/ amazon receive theres yet?

theres a redd foxx-hank mobley connection? why would the mc be the one to hire the band? thanks for finding that, thats amazing. i actually didnt know foxx was back east, i thought he was LA through and through, w/ all his early dooto stuff, etc....

did anyone who preordered w/ amazon receive theres yet?

Hasn't arrived (or been shipped) from Amazon.

I decided to toss my money to my old friend Sally of Sally's Records in Westport CT - and when she ordered it, they were already out of stock. So I have a feeling I'll be way behind everybody but I've waited long enough anyway, what's an extra week or whatever it turns out to be? On the other hand, when I do get it I'll also finally hear the Wes Montgomery issue from Resonance, so I'll be up to speed. :g

I decided to toss my money to my old friend Sally of Sally's Records in Westport CT - and when she ordered it, they were already out of stock. So I have a feeling I'll be way behind everybody but I've waited long enough anyway, what's an extra week or whatever it turns out to be? On the other hand, when I do get it I'll also finally hear the Wes Montgomery issue from Resonance, so I'll be up to speed. :g

Glad to hear that Sally's is back open.

Now I know why she was so hobbled when I saw her in January. The way she was moving, I was afraid she'd had a stroke or something and was in rehab, and I was afraid to ask ... Someone should have told her its not possible for her to get any hipper.

here's more info, including sound samples:

http://diskunion.net/jazz/ct/detail/JZ120403-54

I think I would have enjoyed the club scene in the 50's and 60's immensely. I like the lively crowd chatter. Even Barry Harris the other night was telling folks to make a little noise -- that they didn't have to be as quiet as church mice. I've heard this several times in clubs over the past couple of years. Yeah, I get it....you don't want people setting off fireworks and flinging bottles against the wall....but sheesh...a woman and her boyfriend chat a little bit and exchange laughs and they catch a flood of dirty looks. you want absolute quiet, go hang out at the cemetery. :w