bacon in a milk shake. would you try it?

IMG_0246-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/alocispepraluger/aloc102a/aloc102%20d/Frontal.jpg"]bacon in a milkshake

milkshake

who knows what is in those nondairy shakes most of us know too well? i'm driving to the country today to enjoy that most radical of shakes---------a dairy vanilla shake made with whole milk and real ice cream.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

strangely, this concept is not repellant to me. i can see how the saltiness and the sweetness in a bacon shake might compliment each other, much like pineapple and pepperoni on a pizza. sometimes yin plus yang equals yum.

there is no JOB in my area, but it's a copycat world........

some of our intrepid reporting staff has done there and been that, i'm sure. :tophat:

Edited by alocispepraluger102

I heard a radio story on this today, and (as pointed out in the link) the shake doesn't actually include bacon, but rather bacon-flavored syrup.

The link claims

...If you’re keeping kosher or vegetarian, you’re in luck: The shake is made with bacon-flavored syrup, rather than the genuine article...

I wouldn't try it in any event.

I'm halfway through a jar of bacon marmalade from Loblaw's, Canada's largest food retailer...

"This marmalade has a warm, sweet-savoury aroma, a rich texture, and a flavour that combines citrusy tang with a subtle shout-out of bacon. PC’s most talked-about ‘Black Label’ item is not a mad, rad concoction for foodie types but simply a marmalade with a twist (it lists sugar as its first ingredient; bacon is seventh). Ordinary folks will use it as a condiment and cooks will want to experiment with it in the kitchen..."

(From http://shelflifetastetest.com/?p=3560)

Anything with that sort of salty sweet combination is worth looking into. Here in Portland, we have a place called Voodoo Donuts. They've been showcased on several national shows including Man vs. Food. One of their most popular offerings is a maple bar with strips of bacon on the top. Those are really good

220px-Bacon_donut.jpg

Anything with that sort of salty sweet combination is worth looking into. Here in Portland, we have a place called Voodoo Donuts. They've been showcased on several national shows including Man vs. Food. One of their most popular offerings is a maple bar with strips of bacon on the top. Those are really good

220px-Bacon_donut.jpg

I was in Eugene's Rogue brewpub tonight and they have a beer out in Voodoo Donut pink bottle called Bacon Maple Ale. I don't know, maybe we've taken this bacon thing too far.