are you a coke head?

are you a coke head?

From a recent, Coca-Cola corporate presentation. The average human drinks 92 Coke products a year.

In the US, that number is 403.

The point of the chart, from a corporate strategy, was to point out how "under-coked" the emerging word is.

In China, Coke consumption is just 38 drinks per year per person!

Coca-Cola

Just so you realize, Coca-Cola is a lot more than Coke.

Here's a look at just their $1 billion brands.

coca-cola.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUKurl7Fog

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/coca-cola-consumption-per-capita-2012-2#ixzz1ncFhIrXJ

list of coca cola products:

coca cola product list

Edited by alocispepraluger102

from the book of wiki---

7 Up is a brand of a lemon-lime flavored non-caffeinated soft drink. The rights to the brand are held by Dr Pepper Snapple Group in the United States, and PepsiCo (or its licensees) in the rest of the world, including Puerto Rico, where the concentrate is manufactured at the Pepsi facility in Cidra. The 7 Up logo includes a red spot between the '7' and 'Up'; this red spot has been animated and used as a mascot for the brand as Cool Spot.

I drank diet sodas regularly from the time I was 7 until I was 40. I couldn't eat a meal without a diet soda with it. I rarely drank any water. I went through at least 1 two-liter bottle a day. I was always buying the stuff.

In the middle of 2008, I had the onset of severe nerve pain in my left leg. I couldn't stand for more than 30 seconds without being in agony. I had never experienced not being able to walk or go to the store or anything like that. My life was over in my mind. I couldn't believe this was happening. I'd also suffered severe bouts with kidney stones in the previous two years, which lead to hospitalization. I came to believe that my life would never be the same again.

During this period, I went to doctors and they were unable to help me. In February of 2009, after being nearly bedridden for 9 months, I read something which inspired me to give up drinking diet soda and consuming anything with Aspartame in it. Giving up the diet soda was one of the most difficult things I'd done. I didn't even want to eat anymore, I couldn't imagine not having a soda with my meal. I stuck to it and started drinking a lot of water. For the first time in my life, I was drinking the recommended amount of water.

After about 3 weeks of doing this, the most amazing thing happened, my leg pain started to go away. It started slowly, but as time, I would feel less of this nerve pain. Within two months time after of giving up diet soda and embracing water, my nerve pain was completely gone and to this day, I have no problem standing (and I've had no more kidney stones either). Oh yeah, I have come to LOVE water!

There's a lot of things I could say about soda, but I won't. My story says it all. I will say this, I was stupid and drank too much soda. I was addicted to the stuff and had no idea that I was missing out by not drinking water.

Edited by AfricaBrass

I drank diet sodas regularly from the time I was 7 until I was 40. I couldn't eat a meal without a diet soda with it. I rarely drank any water. I went through at least 1 two-liter bottle a day. I was always buying the stuff.

In the middle of 2008, I had the onset of severe nerve pain in my left leg. I couldn't stand for more than 30 seconds without being in agony. I had never experienced not being able to walk or go to the store or anything like that. My life was over in my mind. I couldn't believe this was happening. I'd also suffered severe bouts with kidney stones in the previous two years, which lead to hospitalization. I came to believe that my life would never be the same again.

During this period, I went to doctors and they were unable to help me. In February of 2009, after being nearly bedridden for 9 months, I read something which inspired me to give up drinking diet soda and consuming anything with Aspartame in it. Giving up the diet soda was one of the most difficult things I'd done. I didn't even want to eat anymore, I couldn't imagine not having a soda with my meal. I stuck to it and started drinking a lot of water. For the first time in my life, I was drinking the recommended amount of water.

After about 3 weeks of doing this, the most amazing thing happened, my leg pain started to go away. It started slowly, but as time, I would feel less of this nerve pain. Within two months time after of giving up diet soda and embracing water, my nerve pain was completely gone and to this day, I have no problem standing (and I've had no more kidney stones either). Oh yeah, I have come to LOVE water!

There's a lot of things I could say about soda, but I won't. My story says it all. I will say this, I was stupid and drank too much soda. I was addicted to the stuff and had no idea that I was missing out by not drinking water.

thx for the enlightened remarks. i'm going through some serious arm nerve pain the last 2 weeks;i drink too much cola.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

thx for the enlightened remarks. i'm going through some serious arm nerve pain the last 2 weeks;i drink too much cola.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's terrible pain! I never imagined my pain would go away, so there's hope for you!

It will be interesting to see if there are more people like myself who have or had nerve pain that may have been caused by Aspartame. I was drinking the stuff since it was introduced and it turns out I may have been a good little lab monkey for this stuff.

I didn't know why I felt compelled to write my story here, but now I feel better for doing it. I was like Tony Montana of the coke fiends and I've come to love water. lol - Good luck!

Whoah, AB, that's quite a story!

Me, I've been drinking mostly water (2-3 litres a day, just plain tap water, no bubbles for me)... add to that plenty of coffee and (on some days plenty of) alcoholic beverages (and there again, if I have wine with dinner, I always drink lots of water with it, too).

There were days when I drank lots of Ginger Ale (Schweppes... and hence Coke stuff, too) but nowadays I just drink some such if I really feel like it, which might be once a week or once a month. Never felt like I was missing anything, (tap) water is just what I need...

Is there any specific source for the supposed dangers of Aspertame?

I actually stopped drinking diet soda nearly a year ago - the women in my office tried to convince me it would have a nearly-instant weight loss effect. I wasn't nearly as bad as AB, probably drank 2-3 2-liter bottles per week. I switched to water mostly and saw no weight loss at all. But I did see some recent studies showing diet soda consumption having a relationship to weight gain and I've had no deep desire to go back to it.

Is there any specific source for the supposed dangers of Aspertame?

I actually stopped drinking diet soda nearly a year ago - the women in my office tried to convince me it would have a nearly-instant weight loss effect. I wasn't nearly as bad as AB, probably drank 2-3 2-liter bottles per week. I switched to water mostly and saw no weight loss at all. But I did see some recent studies showing diet soda consumption having a relationship to weight gain and I've had no deep desire to go back to it.

I've read things about Aspertame in the past, but I'm not really up on the research. All I know is that I feel better not consuming the stuff. My situation could have been a number of things.

I didn't lose any weight either due to the switch to water. :eye:

I might consume more than a liter of coke products a day, and I don't even drink soda.

Here in Nigeria, where I am currently living, Coca-Cola bottles the most dependable drinking water. I drink it, make coffee with it, even make soup with it.

Wow! That's amazing! I sometimes don't realize how fortunate I am to have good drinking water from the tap (through a filter).

I used to drink Coca-Cola every single day. I stopped liking the sugar-coating it left in my mouth, so I stopped. Now I only drink it on the rare occasion that I have a mixed drink like a rum & coke or if it's the only thing to drink. Even then I have a difficult time finishing it. I prefer iced tea.

I actually quit smoking cigarettes about 13 years ago for the same reason--I hated the aftertaste (and smelling like it). I replaced that addiction with marijuana, but I stopped enjoying that about 6 years ago.

The latest ones are coffee and beer. I'm on my second round with coffee. I really enjoy it in the morning, but I recognize the caffeine buzz for what it is now, and I'm starting to dislike the stained teeth and aftertaste. Beer...well, I'm finally getting fat after years of never having to worry about my weight. All good things must come to an end. Too much of even a good thing is bad. Moderating any of these things proves difficult for me, and I just quit them cold turkey.