MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me, Jim.

This is the first I've heard of it. IMHO, Huff is not the type of guy to just bail on his team without a very good reason. Hope everything is OK.

What was it he did...?

He was tossed from a game, and snuck back into the dugout using the costume pictured.

Gotcha.

Tell you what, JETman, keep replying to my posts like this and we can be friends.

Do the spelling/typo/anti-teacher thing and we're done.

Now how about it? Deal?

Edited by GoodSpeak

What was it he did...?

He was tossed from a game, and snuck back into the dugout using the costume pictured.

Gotcha.

Tell you what, JETman, keep replying to my posts like this and we can be friends.

Now how about it? Deal?

Deal. But you've got to live up to your end, too.

I am not anti-teacher. I had quite good ones here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuyvesant_High_School

My problem is with the ones who are contributing to the stupidity of our nation's youth. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

It doesn't help that my son's 9th grade English teacher doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're!

I'm just bustin' on you. Sorry if I offended. The hypocrisy that is ever-present on this board sometimes offends me to the point of being downright pissy.

What was it he did...?

Gotcha.

Now how about it? Deal?

Deal. But you've got to live up to your end, too.

I am not anti-teacher. I had quite good ones here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuyvesant_High_School

My problem is with the ones who are contributing to the stupidity of our nation's youth. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

It doesn't help that my son's 9th grade English teacher doesn't know the difference between there, their and they're!

I'm just bustin' on you. Sorry if I offended. The hypocrisy that is ever-present on this board sometimes offends me to the point of being downright pissy.

Fair enough.

Teachers are human, too. Mistakes are made. No big thing. It does not equal an absence of intellect.

I would, however, caution you on making a decision about a teacher's ability via the eyes of a teenager. Having a teenage daughter myself [and a son who is now 21] and as a 30+ year veteran HS teacher I can tell you, and with absolute certainty, teens often look at life through a somewhat less than circumspect filter.

Just sayin'.

Last night Yu was the man, pitching a verry good game against a mighty offensive team. He held the Yanks down and got out of a bases-loaded no out jam unscathed. I was disappointed to see a good outing by Kuroda go to waste, but must tip my cap to Darvish.

Last night Yu was the man, pitching a verry good game against a mighty offensive team. He held the Yanks down and got out of a bases-loaded no out jam unscathed. I was disappointed to see a good outing by Kuroda go to waste, but must tip my cap to Darvish.

That escape from the bases-loaded no outs jam...I'll never forget that (unless something goes haywire with the brain or something). Talk about electrifying...

I'm afraid the Michael Pineda situation is much worse than is being reported. According to what I've read, he will be out for at least a year. What hasn't been discussed is how serious a torn labrum really is. I have heard several people with the same injury describe its after effects and it ain't pretty. While successful Tommy John surgery has become so commonplace that even high school players have it done, the fact of the matter is, the full recovery rate for a torn labrum is less than 30%. And even if Pineda is lucky enough to be among that 30%, his chances of ever being able to throw as hard as he once did are very slim. Not that you can point the finger at anyone in the team's brain trust, but I think this may turn out to be one of the worst moves the Yankees have ever made. :(

Please, I beseech you, don't make me defend Tex! ;) End of the year, he will still have 30+ HR's and 100 + RBI's and will play stellar defense...

In 27 post-season games with the Yankees, Teixeira has three home runs, 12 RBI's and a batting average of .170.

I never liked Tex even when he was here. I experience guilty pleasure in watching him fail, like last night when Josh Hamilton picked him off base to complete the double play!

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

I'm afraid the Michael Pineda situation is much worse than is being reported. According to what I've read, he will be out for at least a year. What hasn't been discussed is how serious a torn labrum really is. I have heard several people with the same injury describe its after effects and it ain't pretty. While successful Tommy John surgery has become so commonplace that even high school players have it done, the fact of the matter is, the full recovery rate for a torn labrum is less than 30%. And even if Pineda is lucky enough to be among that 30%, his chances of ever being able to throw as hard as he once did are very slim. Not that you can point the finger at anyone in the team's brain trust, but I think this may turn out to be one of the worst moves the Yankees have ever made. :(

With any luck, and Pineda is fairly young still, his surgery will go well and he'll be back at full-speed.

BTW...This Giants fan is glad to hear the so-called Tommy John surgery is so successful, too.

What's up with Aubrey Huff? Gotta be more to it than this: http://www.csnbayare...52&feedID=10850

You got me, Jim.

This is the first I've heard of it. IMHO, Huff is not the type of guy to just bail on his team without a very good reason. Hope everything is OK.

Anxiety attack apparently: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/04/25/giants-huff-anxiety.ap/index.html?sct=mlb_t2_a7

Not necessarily psychological, those things. Sometimes body chemistry can get weird with the heart rhythms and you get all the symptoms. "Anxiety" is just a name, not necessarily the actual cause.

What's up with Aubrey Huff? Gotta be more to it than this: http://www.csnbayare...52&feedID=10850

You got me, Jim.

Anxiety attack apparently: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/baseball/mlb/04/25/giants-huff-anxiety.ap/index.html?sct=mlb_t2_a7

Not necessarily psychological, those things. Sometimes body chemistry can get weird with the heart rhythms and you get all the symptoms. "Anxiety" is just a name, not necessarily the actual cause.

I have a friend who gets anxiety attacks from time to time...very disabling. He takes meds to keep it under control.

Huff's wife filed for divorce in January so you can bet the ranch that has a lot to do with his poor performance on the field and this attack. He's on the 15-day DL so I wish him the best.

I know Yankee and Red Sox Fans LOVE to go to the worst case scenarios, but some news that might, or might not make you feel better, if you like good news... http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7859295/curt-schilling-says-michael-pineda-new-york-yankees-back-better-ever

I know Yankee and Red Sox Fans LOVE to go to the worst case scenarios, but some news that might, or might not make you feel better, if you like good news... http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7859295/curt-schilling-says-michael-pineda-new-york-yankees-back-better-ever

I saw this. It's encouraging. I just wish I had more faith in Curt Shilling's judgement. After all, he did pitch with a bloody sock. BTW, has that sock ever been DNA tested?

I saw this. It's encouraging. I just wish I had more faith in Curt Shilling's judgement. After all, he did pitch with a bloody sock. BTW, has that sock ever been DNA tested?

It belonged to Heinz, didn't it? ^_^

The dry wit of Joe Maddon:

"It's just a three-day trip, and it's a great opportunity for us to practice our minimalist tendencies," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "I'm hoping everybody just brings their little carry-on luggage, one pair of jeans, three shirts, some socks. Those who wear underwear, bring underwear, and your toiletries.

"As we move forward into this century, I think minimalism is going to become a more popular concept. So we are just doing our best right now to promote that particular concept. We're starting with our trip to Texas."

Joe Maddon on the Rays' three game road trip to Texas.