MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they get all minimalist with their run production. But what are the chances?

It would be nothing new for this Giants fan whose Giants LOST last night to the Padres.

Minimalist hitting for a rookie pitcher just up from Fresno. Ugh.

Went to the Rangers-Rays game tonight..Joe Maddon intentionally walked Josh Hamilton with two outs and one on to pitch to Adrian Beltre...Beltre gave a little butt shake before stepping into the box that looked to me like he was a little...peeved about being perceived as less of a threat than his immediate predecessor in the order... and then promptly hit an opposite-field 3 rub blast into the jet stream and over the fence. 7-2 final, Rangers.

Hell, it was Adrian Beltre Bobblehead Night. Who in their right mind would walk Josh Hamilton to pitch to Adrian Beltre on Adrian Beltre Bobblehead night?

IMG_1367.JPG

Cashman seemed to imply that he would be talking to the Mariners about Pineda. I don't think you can undo the trade unless the Mariners deliberately withheld info about his condition

I think we have seen the last of Pelfrey. Even when healthy, his temperament was suspect.

HA!

Bryce Harper Has His First Major League Hit, Possibly Because Dodgers Fans Were Mooning Their Own Pitcher

http://deadspin.com/5906055/bryce-harper-has-his-first-major-league-hit-possibly-because-dodgers-fans-were-mooning-their-own-pitcher

:excited: Perhaps a wee bit drunk, and thought they were showing Harper what they thought of him?

Did ya see his throw from left that should have gotten Hairston Jr out, but the Nats catcher dropped it...I know it was shallow, but I thought the runner was going to score easily....if they leave him in left, no one will run on him. Still only the 2nd best arm on in the outfield though....

HA!

Bryce Harper Has His First Major League Hit, Possibly Because Dodgers Fans Were Mooning Their Own Pitcher

http://deadspin.com/5906055/bryce-harper-has-his-first-major-league-hit-possibly-because-dodgers-fans-were-mooning-their-own-pitcher

....and doing "The Wave"; football schtick.

Classless is as classless does.

HA!

http://deadspin.com/...eir-own-pitcher

Even with all that, it was by far the loudest, most involved Dodgers' crowd in three years. It was great to see & hear, brought back memories of when the Dodgers actually mattered.

I didn't think it was possible for anyone's career to go down the drain faster than A-Rod's, but life is all about surprises. In the last week, Mark Tiexiera is 2 for 23. Even worse, assuming something like this can get any worse, his two hits came in the same game. That means he went 0-19 in the Yankee's other five outings. Perhaps the only bright spot is that there's not much room between where he is now and absolute rock bottom. In the real world, he'd be standing on a street corner holding a "WILL FIELD FOR FOOD" sign. In Yankee world, he makes over $20 million a year. Not only that, but he'll be around for almost five more seasons. Wonder where they're planning to hide him and Mr. Rod when neither of them can find their ass with either hand.

Did ya see his throw from left that should have gotten Hairston Jr out, but the Nats catcher dropped it...I know it was shallow, but I thought the runner was going to score easily....if they leave him in left, no one will run on him. Still only the 2nd best arm on in the outfield though....

That was a nice play! We are wondering about Ramos and some of his errors on home slides like that. It's not the first time. So far it really looks like Jesus Flores is having the better season of the two.

I admit to being crazy superstitious. Once the team got off to a winning streak, I stopped initiating any conversations about them and would only respond if directly asked. As if that had any effect on the situation!!

I like the comparisons of Harper to Pete Rose so far. Whenever he hits the ball to an infielder, that man had better hustle it all the way through 'cause Harper is FLYING to first base!!

Edited by Neal Pomea

In the last week, Mark Tiexiera is 2 for 23. Even worse, assuming something like this can get any worse, his two hits came in the same game.

He looks like Lou Gehrig compared to how Albert Pujols is doing. Uh, I meant the living breathing version of Lou...

The Mariners are 12th in the majors in runs scored and in a tie for 2nd place. After 2 years of some of worst offense in MLB history I'll take it! I think a summer visit to Safeco is in order.

HA!

http://deadspin.com/...eir-own-pitcher

Even with all that, it was by far the loudest, most involved Dodgers' crowd in three years. It was great to see & hear, brought back memories of when the Dodgers actually mattered.

Good point.

I saw that same enthusiasm with the 49ers at the 'Stick this year....been ten years for those guys. But "the wave" and when your own pitcher is throwing?

It was good to hear Vin Scully's voice again, I'll give you that.

That was a nice play! We are wondering about Ramos and some of his errors on home slides like that. It's not the first time. So far it really looks like Jesus Flores is having the better season of the two.

I admit to being crazy superstitious. Once the team got off to a winning streak, I stopped initiating any conversations about them and would only respond if directly asked. As if that had any effect on the situation!!

I like the comparisons of Harper to Pete Rose so far. Whenever he hits the ball to an infielder, that man had better hustle it all the way through 'cause Harper is FLYING to first base!!

Hmm, Pete Rose, makes sense! as a braves fan, not exactly glad to see the Nats take the next step, but glad for their fans like you. Phils may still make a run once their two hitters come back. NL east may not yet be the AL east, but it's getting close. Nat's pitching staff is probably better than most on the AL east.

In the last week, Mark Tiexiera is 2 for 23. Even worse, assuming something like this can get any worse, his two hits came in the same game.

He looks like Lou Gehrig compared to how Albert Pujols is doing. Uh, I meant the living breathing version of Lou...

The Mariners are 12th in the majors in runs scored and in a tie for 2nd place. After 2 years of some of worst offense in MLB history I'll take it! I think a summer visit to Safeco is in order.

I'm guessing all Phat Albert is seeing is breaking stuff. It's happened for decades whenever an NL player comes over, they hardly ever see anything straight. Plus, new pitchers to learn. Meanwhile, Joey Bats and Matt Kemp still see fastballs! Or in the case of Kemp, are pitched to! :shrug[1]:

So, now the Mariners are hitting, you are a fair weather fan and will actually see a game in person? ^_^

Yeah, that happened too! Amazing night of baseball!!!!

I'm sure everyone's dying to read about the braves-Phils game, :crazy:

Carlos Ruiz had 7 RBI's, setting a record for Phillie catchers, and it's lost in all the other craziness

Concerned about Halladay. He has not looked good the past couple of starts. Velocity is down too.

Pablo Sandaval out 4-6 weeks with a broken hemate bone in his hand. Major bummer, the Giants' offense just went from bad to worse. I'm just not feeling the vibe with this edition of the Giants. Brandon Crawford looks awful at short right now, he just made another error. Yikes!