MLB 2012 Season

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Hamilton is in raririfed company now. Un-fucking-believable!

Had that double he belted gone just a little higher, he could've had FIVE taters! And the ones he had weren't sky balls; they were line drives.

The guy is major MoFo.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/cliff_corcoran/05/08/josh.hamilton.four.home.runs/index.html?sct=mlb_t11_a0

Well, looks like the Dodgers' Kershaw is human after all: Giants win 2-1 with Vogelsong on the mound.

But where are all the Dodger fans...? Place was half empty; same on Monday. If this series was in SF, there would be standing room only.

Wow. :o

Edited by GoodSpeak

And I missed the game, taking the family out for our son's 26th birthday dinner. Ordinarily I'd be a little miffed at missing something like this, but can't complain about it this time. Who would've known?

Got 'em here, though:

fourhomeruns.gif

His swing truly is like no one else. I'd love to see those sports science guys see how fast his hands are moving thru the hitting zone. Sometimes I can't really tell where on the bat he hit the ball! :blink:

Compare his swing the "slow" swing of Chipper Jones. Works for Chipper at 40 still, but you'd swear half the time he hits a homer, he didn't really get all of it. (I think Chipper swings the heaviest bat in baseball, and that's what give the ball much of it's flight)

If Josh hadn't taken the drug detour, he'd likely have a HOF career. Here's hoping he can put enough good seasons together that he still can...

Edited by BERIGAN

Will someone please explain to me why Mark Tiexiera is still batting fifth in the Yankee lineup. He's 0-fer again tonight against Tampa Bay and his average (.212) is now officially below the Mendoza line. I know Joe Girardi is a home on the range guy (never is heard a discouraging word) but c'mon man, either sit this guy down or drop him the at least 7th in the order. He's just taking up space.

Just noticed that Ivan Nova, the Yankees' most "consistent" pitcher over the last couple of years, is 4-1 with a 5.02 ERA! Does anybody else think there's something inherently wrong with an MLB where this can happen?

He's a bit unusual. When he gets hit, he seems to get rocked, like 5-6 runs in 2-3 innings. That'll get your ERA up, especially when it's only May. For some reason, the Yanks score a ton of runs when he pitches, so he can also pitch a pretty lousy game and still win. Keep in mind, too, that this is his second year in the majors, so there's still a learning curve.

Will someone please explain to me why Mark Tiexiera is still batting fifth in the Yankee lineup. He's 0-fer again tonight against Tampa Bay and his average (.212) is now officially below the Mendoza line. I know Joe Girardi is a home on the range guy (never is heard a discouraging word) but c'mon man, either sit this guy down or drop him the at least 7th in the order. He's just taking up space.

He should get a few days off, he's had some breathing problems due to congestion/bronchitis, something in that neighborhood. He's also a notorious slow starter, with a lot of terrible Aprils. Hopefully, he'll get back in the groove, but at least he's still playing great defense.

2-1 score in Cincinnati's ballpark is kind of rare! Good series win over the Redlegs, who are a pretty tough team.

(Fingers crossed for no rain outs or rotation disruptions over the next few days, because I am going to a day game on Tuesday in the Columbian District with Strasburg scheduled to pitch against the Padres.)

Edited by Neal Pomea

2-1 score in Cincinnati's ballpark is kind of rare! Good series win over the Redlegs, who are a pretty tough team.

(Fingers crossed for no rain outs or rotation disruptions over the next few days, because I am going to a day game on Tuesday in the Columbian District with Strasburg scheduled to pitch against the Padres.)

If I were you I'd wanna be there the next time Strassburg faces Hamels.

Joey Votto made history tonight, sort of: (I)t was the first time in major league history that a player hit a game-ending grand slam for his third home run, according to research by the Elias Sports Bureau.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/joey-vottos-game-ending-grand-slam-makes-mlb-history/article2431511/

The Mets closer, Frank Francisco, seems to be the second coming of Armando Benitez: two blown saves this weekend and made last night a little dicey.

Gah!

Armando Benitez' name gives me nightmares.

Now, you know how we feel. It's Deja Vu all over again! :wacko:

The Mets closer, Frank Francisco, seems to be the second coming of Armando Benitez: two blown saves this weekend and made last night a little dicey.

Gah!

Armando Benitez' name gives me nightmares.

Now, you know how we feel. It's Deja Vu all over again! :wacko:

I feel your pain, Brad.