MLB 2012 Season

Looks like Grienke's going to the Angels instead of the Rangers, allegedly because the Brewers' price was uber=prospect Mike Olt, and we didn't want to give up Mike Olt for a rental.

Not sure that the Brewers are getting too much from the Angels, but...that's their problem,

This may well/probably will bite us in the butt big-time this year, but I for one applaud the organization's commitment to thinking and building long-term. WS wasn't looking like too much of a shot this year anyway, not at this point.

So barring any big surprise, we pretty play with what we got, dig deep, and see what's really down in there. Who knows?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguably an upgrade from the dynamic Aaron Cunningham.

Nice to see Tribe beat Verlander, but they are not going anywhere, despite the trade for Ubaldo which supposedly imbued a sense of "urgency". Maybe Carmona/Hernandez will surprise in a few weeks. Not holding breath.

watching verlander most of the game last night, he just didn't seem comfortable to me. clearly there was some physical malady.

the brown's have announced the brownies are for sale. hopefully, herr dolan will make a similar announcement of the indians.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

in an earthshaking move, the indians have added career .212 banjo hitter, brent lillibridge, a drastic move indeed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, he banjoed 13 HR's last year in only 189 ABs. He was once a can't miss prospect with the Braves...give him some AB's and the Indians win the Central! :crazy::excited:

Anyone still want to argue that Barry Bonds didn't take steroids or HGH? In case you didn't recognize him, he's the one on the left.

bonds-bicycling-colorado.jpg

http://atlantablackstar.com/2012/07/27/check-out-the-new-slimmed-down-barry-bonds/

The other guy is 6-3, 185....I'd be huge next to Bonds, and I'm not huge....

Edited by BERIGAN

in an earthshaking move, the indians have added career .212 banjo hitter, brent lillibridge, a drastic move indeed. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair, he banjoed 13 HR's last year in only 189 ABs. He was once a can't miss prospect with the Braves...give him some AB's and the Indians win the Central! :crazy::excited:

he was a big bust in chitown. i figured someone would notice his high hr %. lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

C'mon Dave. Two entirely different sports with two distinctly different conditioning and body-type needs.

Agreed. In bicycling, there's very little use for a size 10 1/2 head.

10 1/2...?** Sure.

Again, put down the Bonds hater-aid.

**Photoshopped pictures aren't reality either.

C'mon Dave. Two entirely different sports with two distinctly different conditioning and body-type needs.

Agreed. In bicycling, there's very little use for a size 10 1/2 head.

I had to special order a bike helmet last spring. XXXL. My hat size is only 7 7/8. So Barry's must have a lot more Xs. :party:

SF Giants are getting excactly what they deserve, watching them screw things up time after time!

Why isn't Ramirez in orange & black instead of uniform of the arch enemy?

Giants sell out every game, but refuse to reward the fans by spending to improve on the trade market.

What have they been doing, patting themselves on the back because they took 1st place while the Dodgers had major injuries? In case they haven't noticed, not only are they healthy again, but they've added production to the roster, and look to do more, and may be looking at SF in the rear view mirror.

One more once, what is Hanley Ramirez doing in a Dodger uni instead of SF?

Dodgers didn't give up much to get him....Ramirez would rather play short than third; the PERFECT player fot the Giants to pick up!

They can restock the entire Dodgers farm system.....give them Crawford, Belt, Arias, Pill....the list goes on and on.

What have they been doing at short? Overpaying middle of the road older, limited shortstops....now they commit to the young and still unproven Crawford ( as if he's the SS solution...HA what a joke!), while they could have had a proven solid power hitting/RBI producer, improve the middel defense, but instead are watching him get 5 RBI in the first 2 games of this series in Dodger freaking blue.

Certain rabid Giants fans might have a coronary reading this, but the truth will set you free! :rolleyes: Still a couple of days B4 the trade deadline; maybe they'll do SOMETHING to help themselves.

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Dodgers beat-up Zito.

No surprise here, but last night's game was a heart breaker. Cain's excellent pitching went for naught when Sergio Romo caughed up that two run jack to Ramirez.

But this, too, shall pass. The Giants see the Dodgers three more times and finsh with them at the end of the season. Besides, Hanley Ramirez will do to the Dodgers what all arrogant jerks of his ilk do to the clubhouse. The Dodgers can have him and I sincerely hope he pulls a Mannywood on them. They get what they deserve.

To wit:

Benched for lazy play

r-HANLEY-RAMIREZ-BENCHED-large570.jpg

Edited by GoodSpeak

Hanley Ramirez has 54 RBI...only one Giant has more.

Hanley Ramirez has a better slugging % than all but 1 Giant.

We've been down this road B4, and according to you stats don't count. :wacko:

Aubrey Huff got 2 plate appearances today (and no hits)

He's bating .150 but is a great clubhouse guy :g

Any current combination of middle infielders for the Giants combined do not have 54 RBI.

When Arias & Belt are your corner infield they're also less than 54 RBI combined too, but with the addition of Scutaro's 30 slightly edge out Ramirez combined.

Over and Out

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Nice to see Aubrey Huff back in the line-up.

I figure the Giants will be plenty motivated to beat LA on Sunday.

Giants haven't scored a run since Friday.

Brooms.jpg

Giants have a poor record against teams in playoff contention,15-21 (.416) overall. They play bad against good teams...

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Which would explain the three game shut-out sweep, in LA, against those same Dodgers.

Look, Mike...maybe it's best we don't engage each other. I really tire of the statistical nonsense.

The win column is all that matters.

See also:

2010 World Series

Crazy win over the Brewers in 11! Clutch hitting again by Michael Morse, and stellar defense by Espinosa covering for Desmond at ss, and Ryan Zimmerman again at 3b.

Player of the game for me was Jesus Flores, who really took a beating at catcher. A couple of nasty foul tips hit his right collarbone, then the next inning his left collarbone! Hope he's going to be ok!

Ineffective Brewer bullpen killed them.

Edited by Neal Pomea

Mets finally won one. Yaaay! :excited:

Also watched the Angels game. Greinke was as good as advertised but even with no Trout the offense looks lifeless. Think they haven't scored in 23 innings.

Anyone still want to argue that Barry Bonds didn't take steroids or HGH? In case you didn't recognize him, he's the one on the left.

bonds-bicycling-colorado.jpg

I know somebody who will and has. Gets an A for persistence/loyalty :smirk:

Mets finally won one. Yaaay! :excited:

Also watched the Angels game. Greinke was as good as advertised but even with no Trout the offense looks lifeless. Think they haven't scored in 23 innings.

I just hope the Mets are as accomodating for the Giants as they have been for the rest of the league.

Grienke took the loss, but I think he is a very good aquisition for the Angels.

I know somebody who will and has. Gets an A for persistence/loyalty :smirk:

I'd like to meet him.

Must be a real stand up guy. :P

Edited by GoodSpeak

The Cliff Lee's Coming Back To The Rangers rumors are heating back up again...ugh...

The implications if this happens are, it seems to me:

• Plans to stretch Ogando back into the rotation will be tabled. That's a plus. He's not looked whole since his return from the DL, don't want to ruin him.
  • Plans for Feliz are to shut him down for the season. That's a plus, and surgery is not out of the question (or so the gut says). Either way, he's not been right since going out, hasn't been right since coming back to rehab starts, and....let's not break him for good.
  • 4-5 starters to be determined between Feldman, Oswalt, & Lee. Feldman has begun to pitch like it's 2009 again. Oswalt still has that iffy back, and Lee...whazzup with Lee this year, anyway. The numbers don't look good, but the peripherals are,,,not horrible? Que pasa con Senor Cliffadelphia, anyway?

I kinda got a good gut feeling about Feldman finally getting it together and being good for a ride here on out (he's been All That He Could Be for two consecutive games now, and you gotta like what that looks like), and a not so good feeling about Oswalt and his achey-breaky back, so...Lee could fill a need if he's not in fact broken.

But at what cost? Not Profar, no. Not Olt, HELL no (if we don't give Olt for a rental of Prime Greinke, we sure as hell don't give him up for three more years of an On The Downside Cliffadelphia, even if Philly eats some/lots of the buckage). Not if they ask me! :g

Interesting times....ugh.

Edited by JSngry