MLB 2012 Season

Well, Mets are starting the second half like they have the last two: losing. Last two seasons they have gone in with a winning record and proceeded to swoon. Looks like more of the same. Other shoe is dropping

I will be at Thursday's day game against DC this week. Gio Gonzalez is the probable starter unless there's a rain out between now and then. Love weekday day games!

Edited by Neal Pomea

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1342388878' post='1211015']

1342315969' post='1210821']

Lincecum on the mound tonight.

Here comes another loss....dammit.

Grrrr :angry:

I stand corrected: Happily the Giants won and if not for a Sanchez throwing error, Lincecum could have gotten the win. :excited:

From what I read sounded like he had a great game.

1342388878' post='1211015']

1342315969' post='1210821']

Lincecum on the mound tonight.

Here comes another loss....dammit.

Grrrr :angry:

I stand corrected: Happily the Giants won and if not for a Sanchez throwing error, Lincecum could have gotten the win. :excited:

From what I read sounded like he had a great game.

I agree.

Here's hoping that will continue.

Angels seem afflicted with problems of most teams: spotty middle relief. My son was beside himself last night as they blew a 5-2 lead.

Tell your son that the Giants had the very same poblems in the 1990s and early 2000s.

I still have a twitch in my eye because of Felix Rodriguez, Tyler Walker and [Grrrr :angry: ] Armando Benitez. It could be worse. I also remember 1986 [and 1982] when the Angels should have gone to the WS if not for Gene "Can't win the big one and I'll prove it to you" Mauch.

And I know he's not a reliever, but don't even get me started on Barry Zito.

This, too, shall pass ^_^

Boston+Red+Sox+v+New+York+Yankees+CB-L200c5SLl.jpg

Melky-Cabrera.jpg

He's so much better than when he first came up, now that he's 'natural' using his speed and being a line drive hitter with ocassional HR power, rather than all yolked up trying to be what he's not.

I had to wonder if this was the same guy who broke in with NY in 2005

Melky+Cabrera+San+Francisco+Giants+Photo+Day+m17-BhZYnhFl.jpg

Edited by Mike Schwartz

Exciting game. A touch of Enos Slaughter's mad dash when Harper took third base in the last inning.

Would you say that if the Nats had lost? :lol:

Harper even at 19, seems to have that ability that folks like Phat Albert, and Scott Rolen have, of just sneaking in before the tag...granted, I've seen him get called out(One time he had actually gotten in, but didn't bitch) but they are close places...other guys get thrown out 20 feet from 2nd trying to stretch a single into a double.

Boston+Red+Sox+v+New+York+Yankees+CB-L200c5SLl.jpg

Melky-Cabrera.jpg

He's so much better than when he first came up, now that he's 'natural' using his speed and being a line drive hitter with ocassional HR power, rather than all yolked up trying to be what he's not.

I had to wonder if this was the same guy who broke in with NY in 2005

Melky+Cabrera+San+Francisco+Giants+Photo+Day+m17-BhZYnhFl.jpg

Well, I've been enjoying the Melk-Man story up til now...he seems to be pissed off at the team that didn't re-sign him after he hit .255 with 4 homers in 2010... very weird. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/07/chipper-jones-calls-out-melky-cabrera-for-gesture/1#.UAgRMvVQR-x

Well, I've been enjoying the Melk-Man story up til now...he seems to be pissed off at the team that didn't re-sign him after he hit .255 with 4 homers in 2010... very weird. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2012/07/chipper-jones-calls-out-melky-cabrera-for-gesture/1#.UAgRMvVQR-x

Maybe it has more to do with that stupid "chop" tune the PA plays every 20 seconds. Seriously. Do they really have to play that song so often? Geez, it gets annoying. Apparently, the stadium "music director" only has three active braincells and/or the memory span of a gnat. No wonder nobody shows up to the games.

In the meantime, Santiago Casilla needs to go down to Fresno AAA. I mean, he's blown 5-6 save opportunities and has an abysmal 10.75 ERA.

The Mets must have the worst relief pitching in the major leagues. Again, I'm not a Mets fan, but I've been watching them lately. Frustrating to watch their bullpen throw away games.

I dunno.

The Phillies would be a close second. I still can't believe they lost to the Dodgers yesterday; bad relief coupled with bone head mistakes blew it for them after a very nice come back courtesy the hitters.

Edited by GoodSpeak

The Mets must have the worst relief pitching in the major leagues. Again, I'm not a Mets fan, but I've been watching them lately. Frustrating to watch their bullpen throw away games.

Not "must have," do have.

The GM Sandy Alderson did something about it this year but what he did was just god awful. Their closer Frank Francisco is on the DL, with no apparent timetable for his return, so the designated closer is Bobby Parnell. He can throw fast (high 90s) but can't spot the ball worth shit. On Tuesday night, the Nats are down to the last strike and he's been getting people out on curve ball so on a 2-2 pitch he throws a fastball low and in and the Nats hitter hits it for a single to tie the game. The catcher set up for outside for a waste pitch but Parnell couldn't locate it properly. The guy has a lot of talent but always fails. He's frustrating to watch as is the whole bullpen these days.

Mets paid us back today with a blowout, 9-5. Should have been 9-1 but for their bullpen failing to hold us late in the game.

Don't forget that the Nationals had two blown saves (well, one save, and one tie) that Tuesday night game too!

Edited by Neal Pomea

Had the Mets had a half decent bullpen, they would have swept the series. If they want to stay relevant they need bullpen help NOW! In a way I think Alderson wouldn't be that unhappy if they dropped out of the race. That way, they could continue to develop under his plan under the radar. I know that sounds crazy but if they hang around, he's under pressure to do something and he doesn't want to deviate from his plan. For instance, he doesn't want to bring up Matt Harvey to address a pitching need. He only wants to bring Harvey up if Harvey is ready.

Maybe it has more to do with that stupid "chop" tune the PA plays every 20 seconds. Seriously. Do they really have to play that song so often? Geez, it gets annoying. Apparently, the stadium "music director" only has three active braincells and/or the memory span of a gnat. No wonder nobody shows up to the games.

In the meantime, Santiago Casilla needs to go down to Fresno AAA. I mean, he's blown 5-6 save opportunities and has an abysmal 10.75 ERA.

I dunno.

The Phillies would be a close second. I still can't believe they lost to the Dodgers yesterday; bad relief coupled with bone head mistakes blew it for them after a very nice come back courtesy the hitters.

Wow, the chop drives former braves players that were fat, & unproductive, into insufferable assholes when they come to town? I didn't know that! Will have to see what happens the next time a guy like that comes to the Ted! ;)

Edited by BERIGAN

It's going to be hard to get 4 games in with the Braves in DC, given the weather forecast this weekend. But this will be a good series between 2 teams that are pretty evenly matched. Lots of respect for the Braves here!

Edited by Neal Pomea