Sandusky Investigation Findings

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this megadose of PSU truth on KDKA-FM last night : "Penn State has turned into Jonestown without the 'n'"

That's an interesting point. There certainly are some cult-like aspects associated with this. Two things are really troubling to me. First, that the Penn State student body supported Joe Pa en masse without ever considering that he might be involved in the cover up. Second, that during this whole sordid affair, alumni donations actually increased. If that's not indicative of some truly upside down thinking, I guess I don't know what is.

this megadose of PSU truth on KDKA-FM last night : "Penn State has turned into Jonestown without the 'n'"

That's an interesting point. There certainly are some cult-like aspects associated with this. Two things are really troubling to me. First, that the Penn State student body supported Joe Pa en masse without ever considering that he might be involved in the cover up. Second, that during this whole sordid affair, alumni donations actually increased. If that's not indicative of some truly upside down thinking, I guess I don't know what is.

Having had some experience in this area, I am quite sure that Penn Staters and Pennsylvanians alike have "drunk the Kool-Aid" for years. Did you really expect that way of thinking to literally change overnight?

Having had some experience in this area, I am quite sure that Penn Staters and Pennsylvanians alike have "drunk the Kool-Aid" for years. Did you really expect that way of thinking to literally change overnight?

Yes. We're not talking about whether Penn State can beat Michigan, we're talking about raping and sodomizing children.

Edited by Dave James

Civil suits against the university for neglectfully endangering those victims?

Why do you think in the immediate wake of Sandusky's conviction Penn State tried to get the victims to come forward for a quick settlement of claims? Personally I hope no one accepts an offer and it goes to trial, with huge awards for pain and suffering.

As for Goodie, this is going to be tough for him, as Freeh's investigation brought out clear evidence of Paterno's deep involvement in an active cover-up of Sandusky's actions, and even worse, from the text of the emails, there was an agreement that Sandusky should be confronted and things should be handled properly, until the President spoke to his employee who happens also to be the legendary coach, and the legendary coach told him it should be handled quietly and without outside involvement.

That alone makes Paterno potentially liable, and it tells us precisely why he transferred ownership of the house to his wife's name exclusively.

Yes. We're not talking about whether Penn State can beat Michigan, we're talking about raping and sodomizing children.

And your point is?

Once the institution and persona were deified, there was no going back. Not for nuthin'! Believe it or not, JoePa received a higher level of admiration from his followers than even Lombardi received in Green Bay.

He'll find a way to twist his "logic" around it.

Are you sure he isn't a bot? :blink: *

*Back in the days of Usenet newsgroups (does anyone still use them?), highly tendentious and predictable posters were often suspected to be bots...

Rumor is that many of Penn State's alumni are bots.

And your point is?

Once the institution and persona were deified, there was no going back. Not for nuthin'! Believe it or not, JoePa received a higher level of admiration from his followers than even Lombardi received in Green Bay.

So that somehow justifies this sort of ostrich like behavior? That the students and faculty were so anesthetized by the greatness of PSU football and Joe Pa that they could turn a blind eye to child molestation? Wow. In a sea of damning statements, that may the most damning of all.

Shame on Joe Paterno.

I'm glad he passed away now, for the fact that at his advanced years would have had to go to prison for being at the lead (among others) in allowing Jerry Sandusky to continue his crime spree raping young boys for 14 years in and around Penn State football and it's facilites, and in addition supporting Sandusky's retirement with honors, an his foundation ,which was the breeding ground for fresh victims.

Paterno was there so long, that the mention of "all the good he's done" is pretty much negated by the lengthy final chapter. To me it's like a society that builds numerous monuments [Paterno & Sandusky linked forever] which look excellent at first glance; but when you find out were built on the backs of slave labor, the means hardly justify the ends.

In addition, In hope a rash of civil suits come down to crush Penn State and everything surrounding the holy football program, the the point that it's totally demolished.

The U would survive.....all the footballers would play elsewhere (or not).....take down the Joepa statue....move and and not forget the horrors cloaked under the long reigning manipulitive, controlling, secretive society that he built

Edited by Mike Schwartz

I hear the Times has invited Goodspeak to write the Op-Ed rebuttal.

Cheap shot, Pete. I mean seriously, I don't do this to you, so why is it you feel justified in blindsiding me like that? Personally, a flame like that has no place on this BBS and I believe the Moderators have sated as much. I think an apology is in order here. I really do, Pete

On Point: Ultimately, this proves Paterno knew about the 1998 case [which I had already acknowledged], but clearly the "did nothing about it" is the opine of the author. And I quote: "Local prosecutors ultimately decided not to charge Sandusky, and Paterno did nothing." Here is where it all falls apart for me. If the legal authorities decided not to prosecute what else is Paterno supoosed to do? That is not at all suggesting that there may have been further involvement by Paterno in the cover up, but this reporter's statement is not prove, it is his interpretation.

Does the Abuse Inquiry state this in its report? Because every article I have read points to Shultz and Curley as the perpetrators and power brokers behind the cover up. So do the realeased e-mails of about a week ago.

Personally, I think the press is attempting to back pedal and justify their rush to judgement.

If it is proven Paterno was participant in the cover up, I will be the very first to acknowledge that. Until then, I think we can remain gentleman about this and respect differing views without the insults. OK?

Edited by GoodSpeak