Miles Davis Blindfold Test

Hilarious! That made my day. Thanks for posting.

"That's got to be Eric Dolphy - nobody else could sound that bad! The next time I see him I'm going to step on his foot."

"Is that what the critics are digging? Them critics better stop having coffee. If there ain't nothing to listen to, they might as well admit it. Just to take something like that and say it's great, because there ain't nothing to listen to, that's like going out and getting a prostitute."

I'm assuming you were beaten up often in high school. I'm sure your petulance wouldn't have gone over too well in Midwood.

I suppose I owe you an apology. The inclination to correct others is indeed unbecoming. In my defense, I will say that I do check my facts. Were I to continually correct people with misinformation I'd justly be considered arrogant, annoying and, of course, intellectually suspect.

Edited by Pete C

I'm assuming you were beaten up often in high school. I'm sure your petulance wouldn't have gone over too well in Midwood.

I suppose I owe you an apology. The inclination to correct others is indeed unbecoming. In my defense, I will say that I do check my facts. Were I to continually correct people with misinformation I'd justly be considered arrogant, annoying and, of course, intellectually suspect.

You're walking a very fine line here. I'd be careful. Your smugness is bordering on disgusting. True to form, I'd say.

Reading it, I was reminded of Monk's blindfold test reprinted in one of the old Encyclopedias of Jazz where Feather put on Oscar Peterson and Monk left to take a piss. They didn't exactly...favor...each other. Miles was always fun to read.

gregmo

I believe that was Monk, Greg.