Now reading...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Red Army Faction Blues  -  Ada Wilson and Adrian Wilson

Welcome to West Berlin, 1967. Undercover agent Peter Urbach is tasked with infiltrating a group of radical students whose anti-consumerist message is not without propaganda value on both sides of the Wall. Soon, high-minded political activism will move to the terrorism of the Red Army Faction. In 1989, the Wall is coming down and Urbach is breaking cover to track down Peter Green, the genius behind British blues rock band Fleetwood Mac. There's unfinished business to resolve after their chance encounter twenty years earlier at a party in Germany. What exactly did Peter Green walk into that day?     

Publishers Weekly

When I was ten, my favorite comic book was The Flash.  This is a collection of his earliest issues.

Much of this I didn't remember.  There is a science lesson in a number of stories.  He can defy gravity and run up the sides of buildings.  He can vibrate and travel through walls.

Another comic hero I liked was Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onzz.  Anybody remember him?

26150630.jpg

46 minutes ago, GA Russell said:

When I was ten, my favorite comic book was The Flash.  This is a collection of his earliest issues.

Much of this I didn't remember.  There is a science lesson in a number of stories.  He can defy gravity and run up the sides of buildings.  He can vibrate and travel through walls.

Another comic hero I liked was Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onzz.  Anybody remember him?

26150630.jpg

Yes, I remember him. Both the Flash and Martian Manhunter appear in the TV series "The Flash."

Just wrapping up Conrad's Under Western Eyes.  I'm finding the ending very disappointing for various reasons.  I also don't like how the sections flip between third-person omniscient narrator and then a first person narrator observing the action.  I don't think this works at all.

It looks like the next book up after that is William Maxwell's The Chateau.