Q Up Tonearm Lifter

Kevin Bresnahan

:)

I suppose this says something about how exciting my Friday nights are, but I went to their web site to have a look. My initial reaction was something like "how incredibly lazy do you have to be to need one of these" until I read this bit of copy : "No need to worry about falling asleep with your record playing".

It now makes perfect sense :P

Years ago I had something just like this on my TD-125. For whatever reason, they disappeared. I remember looking around for one a couple of years ago when I got all my old stereo stuff back up to code. I found one but the guy wanted over $100. No way. Good to see they're back. They do serve a purpose although $60 is still pretty steep for what amounts to a small piece of plastic and a lever.

Edited by Dave James

It doesn't happen often, but there have been a few times when I've forgotten that I was listening to an LP instead of a CD. I only fell asleep listening to a record once. It was a bummer to wake up to that soft whisssk-thump. That stylus is long gone now and my new one, an Ortofon Black, is rather expensive to replace. This is worth just for that.

I have some old LPs with rather weird end grooves, some are excentric (This would trigger the lifter of primitive turntables) - would hate to leave the stylus in them, it would be ruined. My Thorens could use something like this. I remember the Thorens company started offering a similar device at a certain point on request of their customers.