Modern/Avant New Releases: A running thread

colinmce

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also a new Resonance Ensemble double album (apparently funded via Kickstarter-- wish I'd known):

http://catalyticsound.com/shop/resonance-ensemble-head-above-water-feet-out-of-the-fire-2cd/

People really, really ought to put their preconceptions re: Vandermark aside for this tremendous group. But I know they won't ....

Also a new Resonance Ensemble double album (apparently funded via Kickstarter-- wish I'd known):

http://catalyticsound.com/shop/resonance-ensemble-head-above-water-feet-out-of-the-fire-2cd/

People really, really ought to put their preconceptions re: Vandermark aside for this tremendous group. But I know they won't ....

Just ordered this from Catalytic Sound.

Never ordered from them before.

Hope it goes well!!

Thanks so much everyone for the kind comments - really appreciate people checking it out! Please do let me know if any trouble at all obtaining it - I do have some copies myself which I can sell if that'd be easier for anyone (although I'm on the road most of next week, so I wouldn't be able to post anything Wednesday-Saturday...)

Wow - thank you...I hope there's something of interest :) I don't want to derail the thread, but on the subject of the Convergence Quartet, I just uploaded these two nicely filmed clips of a recent London gig...repertoire we then recorded in the studio the next day...anyway, maybe of interest!

Something from the first set, and something from the second...

I liked that Keefe Jackson one, too.

Speaking of Chicago, the third & fourth releases from Dave Rempis' label are now available on his website aerophonicrecords.com. One is a duo with Tim Daisy and the other is a trio with Josh Abrams and Avreeyal Ra.

Edited by colinmce

Speaking of Chicago, the third & fourth releases from Dave Rempis' label are now available on his website aerophonicrecords.com. One is a duo with Tim Daisy and the other is a trio with Josh Abrams and Avreeyal Ra.

Thanks for letting us know.

Wow - thank you...I hope there's something of interest :) I don't want to derail the thread, but on the subject of the Convergence Quartet, I just uploaded these two nicely filmed clips of a recent London gig...repertoire we then recorded in the studio the next day...anyway, maybe of interest!

Very much liked the clips. That's a fine group, and the compositions really worked.

Some new tasty looking CDs on Not Two records

Details when I place my order including:

A new recording from the late Denis Charles with the great late Wilbur Morris with Thomas Borgmann on reeds

Band was smoking based on the 2 discs I have. Charles' playing at the end of his life was majestic

Same concert as the one on Silkheart, I believe -

If it is, it's a good one

Edited by Steve Reynolds

Excellent, thanks for posting.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome. The Halvorson/Fujiwara combo is obviously rock solid and tried and true, putting Formanek in the mix really gets the imagination going.

Info and a full song are now available on the Cuneiform site: http://www.cuneiformrecords.com/bandshtml/thumbscrew.html

Thanks for letting us know.

Got 'em.

They're very nice IMO.