Jazz Corner down?

kenny weir

I don't thnk the discussions at AAJ even compare to the ones generated here. After the BNBB closed, I frequented AAJ daily, but I now find this board to be much more informative. When I look at AAJ, I see a lot of people just starting with jazz. At Organissimo, however, many of the board members have been listening to jazz for a very long time.

Thus, I almost never pop over there anymore.

I don't thnk the discussions at AAJ even compare to the ones generated here. After the BNBB closed, I frequented AAJ daily, but I now find this board to be much more informative. When I look at AAJ, I see a lot of people just starting with jazz. At Organissimo, however, many of the board members have been listening to jazz for a very long time.

Thus, I almost never pop over there anymore.

I ask for info about Jazz Corner and I get a smug put down of AAJ, which I also frequent. :rolleyes:

Given that board's title it's inevitable there will be a constant influx of newbies, but there are many other discussions there that have a different perspetive and feel to here and JC.

I like and participate in all three, and the Australian equivalent.

I wonder why people sometimes feel they have to profess undying loyalty to one board or the other (apart from the issue of time constraints). It's the internet - it's not a competition.

When I look at AAJ, I see a lot of people just starting with jazz. At Organissimo, however, many of the board members have been listening to jazz for a very long time.

That doesn't strike me as a particularly accurate characterization. Many of the posters there have been playing or listening to jazz for decades. Still, that board does, fortunately, attract new members, which is a good thing for jazz. Instead of just talking about the same old BN reissues again and again, those people are in for a whole new world of discovery. Plus, more than a few of the posters there are really into contemporary and European jazz, which you hear relatively little about on some other forums.

Edited by Muskrat Ramble

you are very right Kenny and if I had the time and the wits, I would certainly check out all three on a regular basis. OrgBB has become my home and I rarely venture outside. My wife always tells me to spend more time outside, and my wife is always right. :tup

Sounds like it's tough to maintain a decent post count if one posts at too many places. ;)

Thanks, Chucky. I've got to believe there are tons more IE users like me so they should be aware of the problem. Are the boards active? I would download Netscape but I fear gunking up my registry (relatively new pc). I'll wait it out.

I must say that the DEEP thread has been a source of amusement today. It is fascinating to see JC posters here who project a completely different persona.

stonemonkts

Edited by agenbite