Peter Brötzmann - Long Story Short

king ubu

I guess this one deserves it's own thread!

61vukmMLKVL._SL500_.jpg

Detailed contents can be found here:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Long-Story-Short/release/4170007

Trost is offering a subscription price of 40€ through February (not sure if "shipping included" applies to all orders, just sent them a mail myself, inquiring about details), later the set will be 45€ plus shipping.

http://www.trost.at/news/

71W84LmPVDL._AA1500_.jpg

I guess this one deserves it's own thread!

61vukmMLKVL._SL500_.jpg

Detailed contents can be found here:

http://www.discogs.c...release/4170007

Trost is offering a subscription price of 40€ through February (not sure if "shipping included" applies to all orders, just sent them a mail myself, inquiring about details), later the set will be 45€ plus shipping.

http://www.trost.at/news/

71W84LmPVDL._AA1500_.jpg

Thanks Ubu, some very interesting line ups. Could make a nice companion to the Oslo set from a while back

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't received mine, either ... never got any update or saw anything about a shipping date, so I'll just wait and be surprised. But I just got "Walk, Love, Sleep" a few days ago. No time (and mood) for it yet though.

Walk, Love, Sleep is intense however the mood must be right. Recorded in close up which I like very much. Gives one a bit of an idea of what it was like live.

The shows by the original tentet in the late 90's early 00's remain the greatest shows I've ever seen by anyone

arrived today via registered post - listening to it now

standout killer track so far (finished 3 discs) is 52 minutes of a quartet with Brotzmann/Gania/Laswell/Drake - did anyone see this performance?

The guimbri sounds like a didgeridoo at times (or is it another instrument)

How does PB maintain this level of intensity at 70 yo ??

Edited by romualdo

FYI, a friend of mine forwarded this email to me. Feel free to pass on.

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Subject: brötzmann/mcphee usa june 2013

eremite is looking for interested & capable concert organizers to present the peter brötzmann / joe mcphee duo. dates of availability are first week of june 2013, territory is north america. please pass this email on to the appropriate folks in your community & maybe we'll be seeing you june.

In a mad moment I ordered this box. I've very little Brotzmann other than the Okka 3CD set of the tentet from quite a few years ago and the very wonderful trio LP from Cafe Oto. The latter really changed my opinion of his playing allowing me to hear great beauty in the storm. Hoping I won't regret this one.

In a mad moment I ordered this box. I've very little Brotzmann other than the Okka 3CD set of the tentet from quite a few years ago and the very wonderful trio LP from Cafe Oto. The latter really changed my opinion of his playing allowing me to hear great beauty in the storm. Hoping I won't regret this one.

I think this is as good a sampler of where Brotzmann is now as anything else out there, better even than the similar Oslo 5CD set because of the greater variation of musicians and line ups. What I like about the selection is that Herr B's not playing on everything but on many of the selections that he's not on you can hear his influence and benign presence. The Japanese presence is interesting too as there's understandably a Chicago/European predominance on many other releases.

By its very nature we're not going to like everything equally but across the five discs I'm sure there's great surprises (Haino for me) and gems for us all.

And yes, that Oto LP is very fine indeed,