MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mets fans - Do you guys have a lefty in the pen that Collins could have brought in to face Howard in the 6th?? Can't understand why he would throw a righty vs. Howard w/ 2 men on. I mean Scott Atchinson? Really??

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Mets fans - Do you guys have a lefty in the pen that Collins could have brought in to face Howard in the 6th?? Can't understand why he would throw a righty vs. Howard w/ 2 men on. I mean Scott Atchinson? Really??

Not a Met fan, but the bullpen was a problem last year and it looks to be a problem this year also.

Pitching has been a problem this year for the Giants, too.

I keep telling myself not to panic...it's still early.

Grrrrr :angry:

Losing three in San Diego was bad; terrible fielding last night caused a loss, and bad pitching today. Still, no one is going to pulling away in the NL West, all the teams look very average right now.

Pitching has been a problem this year for the Giants, too.

I keep telling myself not to panic...it's still early.

Grrrrr :angry:

Losing three in San Diego was bad; terrible fielding last night caused a loss, and bad pitching today. Still, no one is going to pulling away in the NL West, all the teams look very average right now.

I dunno.

On Saturday, Zito had a five run lead only to give it all away. On Friday, Lincecum pitched a great seven innings only to be let down by the hitting. The bullpen hasn't been sharp at all.

TBH, I think the NL West is very competitive. If you look at the schedule, these guys have spent most of this young season beating up on each other. The surprise is the Padres, IMHO.

Edited by GoodSpeak

So does anyone think the Red Sox are legit? I do think Lester and Buchholz will mostly keep up what they'v been doing, and the bullpen should remain a major strength.

What actually concerns me is that the Yankees haven't stumbled, they are banking wins before any of their best players are even back off the DL. They may be dangerous, assuming their elderly stars don't suck when they come back.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/rays-reporter-takes-picture-of-herself-as-fly-ball-sails-past-her-head/

(CBS) Fox Sports Florida reporter Kelly Nash caught a near-death experience on camera…

In Boston taking in the Astros-Red Sox game, Nash turned her back to the field to snap a picture of herself at the game from her upper-deck seats.

At the exact moment the picture was taken, a fly ball sailed inches from the back of her head, barely missing the Rays reporter.

Check out the photo below.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/rays-reporter-takes-picture-of-herself-as-fly-ball-sails-past-her-head/

(CBS) Fox Sports Florida reporter Kelly Nash caught a near-death experience on camera…

In Boston taking in the Astros-Red Sox game, Nash turned her back to the field to snap a picture of herself at the game from her upper-deck seats.

At the exact moment the picture was taken, a fly ball sailed inches from the back of her head, barely missing the Rays reporter.

Check out the photo below.

Maybe you should take a look at other posts to see if anyone else has already reported this.

Hamilton is now hitting 202/.246/.298 on the year. As Marc Normandin of SB Nation points out in his dissection of last night’s performance, Hamilton is now hitting .236/.306/.446 in his last 543 plate appearances dating to June 1, 2012 and he has struck out 29 percent of the time over that span.

Small sample sizes are one thing. This one is getting large.

Maybe he doesn't belong in a baseball town? Or maybe the Rangers let him walk just in time.

Hamilton is now hitting 202/.246/.298 on the year. As Marc Normandin of SB Nation points out in his dissection of last night’s performance, Hamilton is now hitting .236/.306/.446 in his last 543 plate appearances dating to June 1, 2012 and he has struck out 29 percent of the time over that span.

Small sample sizes are one thing. This one is getting large.

Maybe he doesn't belong in a baseball town? Or maybe the Rangers let him walk just in time.

I happen to think he's through as a player, way too much milage on his body to be the player he was even three years ago. Pujols isn't getting better with age either...

Hamilton & Pujols both are never again going to be as consistently great as they once were. But they still have moments of greatness left in them, and if fate (or whatever it is) decides that they will have those moments at just the right time, then look out.

That, however, is a gambling strategy, not an investment strategy.

Hamilton & Pujols both are never again going to be as consistently great as they once were. But they still have moments of greatness left in them, and if fate (or whatever it is) decides that they will have those moments at just the right time, then look out.

I hear a little bit of E.F. Hutton there. ;) I think Gene Autry's ghost took over the team a few years ago. Wells, Mathews Jr., a whole lot for Pujols and again for Hamilton. They seek out players who are heading away from their prime and pay them using some formula involving age & weight. Actually I'm insulting Autry, as at least good years were gotten from Carew and Grich & Baylor were still in their late 20s when they were signed.

I hear a little bit of E.F. Hutton there. ;) I think Gene Autry's ghost took over the team a few years ago. Wells, Mathews Jr., a whole lot for Pujols and again for Hamilton. They seek out players who are heading away from their prime and pay them using some formula involving age & weight. Actually I'm insulting Autry, as at least good years were gotten from Carew and Grich & Baylor were still in their late 20s when they were signed.

The Pujols contract will be the Angels version of the Yankees and A-Rod, premium $$ spent on an aging, broken down player in the last years of the contract.

The Pujols contract will be the Angels version of the Yankees and A-Rod, premium $$ spent on an aging, broken down player in the last years of the contract.

I almost wonder if fans get more money's worth out of reading about the overpaid player having his likeness in centurion form or sleeping with Madonna or whatnot. I don't think Pujols has that in him as instead Angel fans are more likely to be stuck with stories about how fuggin' awful and painful planter fasciitis is. What a gip! With luck he'll get divorced, get freaky at Disneyland, and you know, give those Angel fans some entertainment value in the decline phase while the Seattle Mariners look down from atop the standings. Yesiree!

I almost wonder if fans get more money's worth out of reading about the overpaid player having his likeness in centurion form or sleeping with Madonna or whatnot. I don't think Pujols has that in him as instead Angel fans are more likely to be stuck with stories about how fuggin' awful and painful planter fasciitis is. What a gip! With luck he'll get divorced, get freaky at Disneyland, and you know, give those Angel fans some entertainment value in the decline phase while the Seattle Mariners look down from atop the standings. Yesiree!

You made one mistake: The Angles find it impossible to be entertaining -- ever! I have a group of teams that bore me to death: Toronto, Atlanta, Chicago White Sox, Miami, Colorado and the Angels, snoozeville, all of 'em, can't stand a one of 'em.

How is Philly liking Michael Young? I checked his stats last week and they looked good, but stats can lie (or at least deceive...).

I really hope he does well there. It was time for him to leave here (out with the old, etc.), but, hey, Face Of The Franchise and all that, and for good reason.