MLB 2013 Season

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are a secondary market for Houston and see those adds often here in Corpus. I'm not interested in paying extra for channels like this. I pay enough as it is, and got the games before. If the channels that used to carry Astros/Rockets games no longer carry them, just remove those channels from the expanded basic service and replace them with the ones that do carry them. At no cost to me.

Outside of the season opening win vs. the Rangers, I'm not sure they've shown another Astros game this season here.

Edited by Aggie87

I recommend switching cable companies.

We were with ATT [after leaving Comcast; poor service] for 5-6 years. I told them I wouldn't switch unless I got the Giants games. They agreed [i mean, duh...the ballpark is called ATT Park, fer cryin' out loud, right?] but they reneged on the deal and right after the Giants won the 2012 WS. Then they started force feeding us LA crap/soon to be Dodgers games. Ack. Can you imagine?

Needless to say, I was LIVID. After trying to explain to the yutz on the phone that LA is some 250 miles to the South of us, the Giants AAA Team is in Fresno [a mere 40 miles from where we live] and that the ATT faceless suits need to take a Geography lesson or, at the very least, buy a map....they refused to budge. The guy on the phone actually thought our zip code was the next one up from LA. I guess in Colorado they don't teach Geography...or logic...or THINKING. So, we switched back to Comcast.

The service had vastly improved and we were back in Giants Land :tup:g

BTW...The Dish wasn't an option either. Apparently, they are geographically challenged, too. I mean, when in the hell did LA take up half of the state? Must have been some republican gerrymander thing or something. Idiots.

Edited by GoodSpeak

That worked for you. This particular channel isn't on any cable network, other than Comcast, which is part owner of the station (via NBC). The Astros and Rockets are majority owners of the station. I assume it's on Comcast anyway, in Houston. Not on Dish or DirecTV either. I don't think Comcast has that big of a chunk of Houston, either.

Comcast isn't even available in my city. So it's not an option.

Edited by Aggie87

Time for some Gas-X.

Or run support. Or bullpen support. Giants have been stinkin' up the joint for the last couple games.

That worked for you. This particular channel isn't on any cable network, other than Comcast, which is part owner of the station (via NBC). The Astros and Rockets are majority owners of the station. I assume it's on Comcast anyway, in Houston. Not on Dish or DirecTV either. I don't think Comcast has that big of a chunk of Houston, either.

Comcast isn't even available in my city. So it's not an option.

Well, that sucks.

Do you at least get radio coverage?

Edited by GoodSpeak

Tribe gets swept by the Boston

In last place but only 3 games out of 1st

cleve now on to houston---if swept by the astros, we have a problem. their current record is 5W-9L

welcome to the official Adam Dunn - bum - o meter: Big Donkey now hitting a whopping .105. what? four hits in his last 45 at bats. he's a steal at 15 mill

Edited by alocispepraluger102

welcome to the official Adam Dunn - bum - o meter: Big Donkey now hitting a whopping .105. what? four hits in his last 45 at bats. he's a steal at 15 mill

There are a couple of other big slumps out there. Jason Heyward of the Braves is hitting .115 and Matt Kemp .182 with no HR. The latter is coming off of shoulder surgery and sometimes it can take a couple of years or so to regain power (which is what happened with Beltre). Lucky for the Braves they haven't been hurt much at all by BJ or Heyward's slumps.

Tim Lincecum had his best start in ages last night, he looked very sharp and crisp in his pitches -- 6.2 IP 2bb 8k. Very nice indeed. Typical Giants win, 2 runs off 3 hits, and shutdown pitching.

I agree with Dan, this guy is out of control, and at the very minimum told to let the ball hit the grass first. In most other parks, he'd be sent packing.

PS: Though, on the other hand, you have this: Wedge said that Gutierrez told him he thought he was going to make the catch, but he admitted that the play was not fan's interference.

Edited by Matthew

Why? There's a green area that is open to fans to go after balls that get hit there, and he never left that area.

.More importantly. there's a gap between the field wall and the fan fence that is fair game for both fan and player. It's anybody's ball when it goes in there, and in this case, it was the fan's ball.

The ball was over the field wall, so no interference. Totally legit per the ground rules.

Totally legit.